Needing a throw off

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I purchased an Orange County snare from Guitar Center several months ago, along with the pro coverage warranty. Today the throw off broke on it. They are sending me a check to cover the cost of the snare, and said I do not have to turn the drum back in - I can keep it. I do like the snare so I want to get it fixed. So, with that being said, what would be a good replacement throw off for it that will hold up better?

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
The Inde is a great choice mainly because of the adjustable spacing to match the holes already drilled for the old throw (in most common cases).

I actually prefer the top-tier throws by Tama, Gretsch, and Pearl, in terms of quality of design and smoothness of action; and I prefer the Gibraltar SC-DLSTO in terms of quality per dollar value; but all of those have fixed hole spacing that may not match your existing drum. Check the specs to see.

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ordered the Inde Black Nickel Strainer & Butt Plate tonight. I'm looking forward to getting it in and getting it installed.

Johnny K

Reaction score
I ordered the Inde Black Nickel Strainer & Butt Plate tonight. I'm looking forward to getting it in and getting it installed.
You'll be happy. I put one on my Gretsch Catalina Maple snare it works great. So much better than the stock Catalina strainer and I didnt have to re-drill anything.

DrumWhipper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You'll be happy. I put one on my Gretsch Catalina Maple snare it works great. So much better than the stock Catalina strainer and I didnt have to re-drill anything.
That is what I like to hear. It will be here Saturday, so I'm looking forward to getting it installed.

Latest posts