Needs Band intro song recommendations

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are at a crossroads with the band…bass payer wants the Tighten up and keyboard and guitar want Layla for songs to introduce the band members to the audience. My thought anything but Layla. What does your band use or do you even do a band intro?

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
We did it (schicky) in Brown Eyed Girl and in another set in the middle of "Bad Time" by Grand Funk.

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
In one of my longer running outfits we used to open and close every set with Sissy Strut. Worked great for band member intros and the "Don't forget to take care of your waitress and bartender" spiel at the end of the set.

Last edited:

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I will discuss some of these suggestions with the band…

#banddrama

Jhouse86

Reaction score
A bar band I used to play with would do folsom prison as an opener. A little faster, slightly(I really mean slightly) heavier. Play a half dozen bars of that, let the players play. By the time the vocals came in, the crowd was always ready to go. It's a song that can kind of chug along in the background while the band is being introduced as well.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
A few members of the KISS tribute act I subbed in for also ended up in Skirt Bandit, so it was natural for us to play “Deuce” for our intro song. Of course it was awkward for the announcer/soundman, as he wanted to use the well-known KISS intro LOL “You wanted the best, you’ve got the best! The hottest band in the world… oops!”