Neil Peart, Dead at 67? Hard to believe!

Brian2020

Reaction score
That is funny.

”Fan” is the shortened form of “Fanatic”.
...yes, Fan is short for Fanatic. However, the short form - Fan - of the word - Fanatic - is less the connotation of the denotation of the full form of the word, the word itself is from the Latin (word) fanum for Sanctuary, Temple.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
...yes, Fan is short for Fanatic. However, the short form - Fan - of the word - Fanatic - is less the connotation of the denotation of the full form of the word, the word itself is from the Latin (word) fanum for Sanctuary, Temple.
You are reaching ... Merriam-Webster can give you the latin ... but it also expounds on the obvious point you are covering up ... but I believe you know that and are attempting to save face. It is a forgivable human reaction.

Last edited:

Brian2020

Reaction score
You are reaching ... Merriam-Webster can give you the latin ... but it also expounds on the obvious point you are covering up ... but I believe you know that and are attempting to save face. It is a forgivable human reaction.
I am not reaching with citations of fact, not fantasy, and not attempting to save face, for I have nothing to save face about. Others can not find fault with me. My credentials are impeccable, with recommendations from Columbia University Ph. D. Professors for Columbia University Graduate Programs (I completed my my undergraduate Degree with a GPA between 3.7 and 4.00). My Father is a U.S. Military Veteran and US DoD Retiree.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am not reaching with citations of fact, not fantasy, and not attempting to save face, for I have nothing to save face about. Others can not find fault with me. My credentials are impeccable, with recommendations from Columbia University Ph. D. Professors for Columbia University Graduate Programs (I completed my my undergraduate Degree with a GPA between 3.7 and 4.00). My Father is a U.S. Military Veteran and US DoD Retiree.
"My dad can whip your dad any day of the week" ...

Is that the hill you wish to take a stand?

Insecurity takes many forms.

Take care of yourself and have a wonderful rest of the day.
I wish you the absolute best in life.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I knew something was off when the OP started his own thread when the other Neil thread was in full swing, pretending that it didn't exist. This is OP's personal blog. Go blog somewhere else.

Brian2020

Reaction score
...nothing is off about these posts to remember Neil Peart, not even with a separate thread, and this is not a personal weblog. ..."Good Luck"!

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Clearly someone suffering from schizophrenia. Making fun isn't helpful. I guess the moderators don't feel the need to do anything about this.

Brian2020

Reaction score
Clearly someone suffering from schizophrenia. Making fun isn't helpful. I guess the moderators don't feel the need to do anything about this.
Schizophrenia? Save your would-be insults. The moderators do not feel the need to take action about my posts because there is no inappropriate, and no offensive, material from me.

Brian2020

Reaction score
"My dad can whip your dad any day of the week" ...

Is that the hill you wish to take a stand?

Insecurity takes many forms.

Take care of yourself and have a wonderful rest of the day.
I wish you the absolute best in life.
Your Dad could not whip my Dad any day of the week. If you think you can "bully" someone like me, you are wrong. You are obviously insecure, and not worthy of security to threaten a U.S. Military Veteran and U.S. Military Family Member. My recommendations from Columbia University Ph. D. Professors for Graduate Programs of Columbia University are some of the most real, and secure, opportunities than any other form of respectable Social Approval for Economic Opportunity I am aware of. ...and, for those who would wonder, I had to finance my own Education because my parents wanted me to complete my Degree Program with highest grades. The rare occasions when my parents helped were for my Educational expenses beyond Student Loans and Grants, the private college I graduated from was, and remains, very expensive. ..."Good Luck"!

Brian2020

Reaction score
...fan, Merriam-Webster.com, noun (2): an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator,
and,
an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit)

...as you see, Merriam-Webster.com does not expound anywhere in the definition of the word fan in the noun (2) entry to include connotation of the denotation of the word fan as any destructive activity of a "fanatic".

Neil Peart lived a dream... and wrote about, and talked about, not giving up a dream. Cornelius Ellwood Peart Rest In Peace.

As I wrote, as you see, I am not trying to save face.

Last edited:

boonky

Reaction score
Let's get to what is really important; where can I hear your DRUMMING?

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
That is funny.

”Fan” is the shortened form of “Fanatic”.

Merriam-Webster
Fan is generally–and very likely correctly–believed to be a shortened form of fanatic.
The origin of fanatic (which can be traced back to the Latin word fanum, meaning “sanctuary, temple”) is less often commented on. In English, fan made an early appearance in the late 17th century only to disappear for two centuries, resurfacing in the late 19th century. In this later period of use, it often referred to the devoted observers of, or participants in, a sport. An 1885 article from The Kansas City Times, for example, contains the line “The base ball ‘fans’ of the ploice [sic] force and fire department engage in a ball game.”

Latest posts