Neil Peart passed away. 67

Mike St.Clair

Reaction score
Not on the forum much, but I saw this about an hour after announced on FB. Very sad day for his family, bandmates, friends, and thousands of us admirers. What an example for us young drummers in the 80s and beyond. Rest in peace.

Stretsch

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One thing I always love about Rush was their sense of humor. That is one of the things that they attribute to staying together so long.

This is one of my favorites.

That was awesome! Thanks thin shell - brought a smile and a tear to this old dude.

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
One thing I always love about Rush was their sense of humor. That is one of the things that they attribute to staying together so long.
I’ll second that.

I would have COMPLETELY forgotten about this, but this amounts to my very first exposure to anything to do with RUSH, after asking for this album as a 7th grade Christmas present.

Thank you Bob & Doug.

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
The whole sense of humor thing actually took me by surprise with Rush. I became a fan with 2112, and I only had the albums until I first saw them live, opening for The Outlaws in 1977 or 1978. As I listened to their first 3 albums, I heard serious notes and serious lyrics....and so I figured the whole band were very serious people.
Not the case!
Their videos form the Time machine tour really cracked me up. I would have laughed, even if I didn't know their music. Lifeson could have been a comedic actor (and indeed has been, at times).

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I always thought that Rush were like U2 in that their humor in real life didn't surface much in their music. I mean, the band recorded Grace Under Pressure.
That's not exactly a laugh riot of an album.

Dan

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I've been listening to Rush songs for the last couple of weeks and paying closer attention to Neil's parts. Man, what a genius!
Yes part of being one of the greatest is what you create with the tools you have.

Drm1979

Reaction score
I've been listening to Rush songs for the last couple of weeks and paying closer attention to Neil's parts. Man, what a genius!
Same. I've stuck to their live albums as I'm just a huge fan of their performance. Just flawless

L300burn

Reaction score
I’ll second that.

I would have COMPLETELY forgotten about this, but this amounts to my very first exposure to anything to do with RUSH, after asking for this album as a 7th grade Christmas present.

Thank you Bob & Doug.

Take Off!! EHHHHH!!!! Pretty good for me being only 13 currently