Neil Peart passed away. 67

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
If there’s one thing I’ve always loved about Neil’s playing it’s is his hi-hat playing. By hand or by foot, just incredible to listen to.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
If there’s one thing I’ve always loved about Neil’s playing it’s is his hi-hat playing. By hand or by foot, just incredible to listen to.
Absolutely. I was just thinking that the other day. I was playing along to Hemispheres, and he does a lot of hi-hat work on that album that I have a hard time with. Impressive.

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry if it's a repeat

This is one of the best live videos I have ever seen...

Thanks for posting! Nothing but pure joy on my face watching that. They were all in such good form during this period.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks for posting! Nothing but pure joy on my face watching that. They were all in such good form during this period.
Sorry if it's a repeat

This is one of the best live videos I have ever seen...

That is from the A Show Of Hands video. I watched part of it a couple of days ago. That was during the height of the over saturation of keyboards in their music. This was the tour for the Hold Your Fire album. I liked the album at the time and still like it but listing to it now the keyboards are a bit much.

I couldn't help noticing the difference in Alex's facial expressions during the current songs, where he was reduced to filling in space with a few strums here and there, a solo, then more strums, versus the older songs where he actually got to play.

He had a big grin on his face on the older songs. On the new ones, not so much.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm listening to Neil's book Roadshow. He placed some funny dumb drummer jokes throughout.

Question: How many drummers does it take to screw in a light bulb.

Answer: Four. One to screw it in and three to talk about how much better Neil Peart would have done it.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Wow!! That all I can say. Got a little choked up listening to it in this way. And I've been listening to rush non stop since neil's passing but this really hit an emotion.
Wow that was incredible. That nearly brought a tear to my eye. I hope Geddy and Alex get a chance to see this. I have always loved that RUSH song but this was a beautiful rendition.

Latest posts