New album released today

fitzsy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My new album is out today! Here’s what I used on the session and hope you dig it.

Canopus
5x14 nv60m2 snare
12, 14, 18 RFM

Manabu 14” hats and 20” ride
Bosphorus masters 18” crash, 20” syncopation, and 10” trad splash.

FAULT LINES is now available on all streaming platforms. 8 original compositions as well as songs by Joni Mitchell, Paul Motian, and Rodgers and Hart. Original improvised music by Bill Graham (piano), Brandon Boone (bass), and Dana Fitzsimons (drums). Please download and spread the word!

Everywhere: https://danafitzsimons.hearnow.com/

Mapex Always

Reaction score
My new album is out today! Here’s what I used on the session and hope you dig it.

Canopus
5x14 nv60m2 snare
12, 14, 18 RFM

FAULT LINES is now available on all streaming platforms. 8 original compositions as well as songs by Joni Mitchell, Paul Motian, and Rodgers and Hart. Original improvised music by Bill Graham (piano), Brandon Boone (bass), and Dana Fitzsimons (drums). Please download and spread the word!

Great job! Fantastic.

Ian S

Island Time
Reaction score
Sounds very nice from the 30 second preview clips. :thumbup:

Is there an mp3 download or any other way to buy this album without joining the corporate streaming "services" ?

DB-66

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice! Are the original tunes written by you? Can you talk a little about the recording/production process? If I’m not mistaken, you received that Manabu ride recently. Recorded, mastered, and released since then?

fitzsy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Original tunes by Bill Graham,
Other than track 2 which is my
Composition, and track 3 which was a spontaneous improvisation.

Recorded in Athens GA over 1.5 days. Minor editing. Marlon patton (a great drummer) was the engineer. Drums isolated in a small but very tall room. Piano and bass in the big room. Mixed by legendary ECM engineer James Farber at Seat Sound NYC. Mastered by Mark Wilder at battery studios. Original artwork by our own Chad Anderson.

We didn’t see each other for 2 years until the studio. Track 6 (borders) is actually the first take we tried and the first notes we played together since before the pandemic.

Thanks for listening!!!

fitzsy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had perfect sight lines to see both of them, so it was great. No problem at all.

1653547150400.jpeg
1653547150400.jpeg

Ian S

Island Time
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the pics too!

Also, I enjoyed the album, very nice and good date music for sure! I liked Track #2 a lot! Nice work!

DB-66

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Legendary James Farber indeed! He’s got the Midas Touch for jazz mixing IMO. I noticed the engineer used the same overhead setup that I often see at Farber sessions. Really great sounds and music. Nice to know Chad provided the artwork, too.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score

Canopus
5x14 nv60m2 snare
12, 14, 18 RFM

Just curious. Is that the same Canopus kit you had for sale a few years ago?