New Bass drum Beaters from Dragonfly Percussion

multijd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Friend and colleague Dinesh Joseph has introduced a new line of bass drum beaters (He calls them kick drum beaters) through his company Dragonfly Percussion. Up until now he has mainly focused on orchestral percussion mallets and beaters. His orchestra bell, vibe, marimba and xylophone mallets are unique and fantastic filling a need in that market. He also makes gong, tam tam and concert bass drum mallets. He made me a couple of pair of drumset mallets that I love. I helped with some r&d and the videos on these beaters. These are a very nice selection of beaters that can serve a variety of situations. Check them out!!

kevin klever

Reaction score
These look awesome, and a new approach to beater construction as far as I'm aware. Might have to grab one of those canvas ones. Seems like they're probably fairly durable especially for the dynamic i'm usually playing at, I wonder if he'd sell replacement beaters (minus the shaft) separately for when they eventually wear out.

cayjarlson

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! I’ve been thinking I need to play around with different beaters. Just ordered the set—I will plan to report back here when they arrive.

cruddola

Reaction score
These look awesome, and a new approach to beater construction as far as I'm aware. Might have to grab one of those canvas ones. Seems like they're probably fairly durable especially for the dynamic i'm usually playing at, I wonder if he'd sell replacement beaters (minus the shaft) separately for when they eventually wear out.
We like to put infant-sized socks of various kinds on my beaters. Whole lot cheaper and infinitely variable with combinations of fabric and gaffer's tape.