New Bass!

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
I've been playing bass for about a year and a half now, started out on an Epiphone EB-O and bought a Fender Squire (or, more properly: Squire by Fender) Vintage Modified '77 Jazz based on the recommendations that I received here. I sold the Epiphone not too long after acquiring the VM Jazz, and I've kind of missed that 30" scale at times. Recently, I became interested in the Epiphone Allan Woody signature bass which is a semi-hollow short scale. I decided to make a stop at Sweetwater after we visited my Mom in Ft. Wayne to check one out, but they were out of stock. I found a computer kiosk in the bass/electric guitar showroom and began paging through it looking at bass guitars in the same general price range (around 400 bucks). I found an Ibanez SR-370 with a stunning finish and knew that I had to check it out. I'm generally a fan of Ibanez basses with the exception of some of their more bizarre looking models, like the six string with the body shape that kind of reminds me of a sperm whale.
I had to wait awhile because the place was pretty packed and spent my wait playing a set of Roland TD-30's; not a bad way to wait! After fifteen minutes or so of e-drum wanking they showed up with the bass. Fifteen minutes later I was grabbing for my wallet. It is a really nice playing bass---the stock Ibanez pickups are pretty awesome and the three way eq is nice, too. A little judicious nob twiddling and it can sound pretty close to a P-bass or a Jazz but also has its own character. I was immediately, due to the way it was set up, able to do some things that I had been struggling and failing to do on my Jazz. It's not the scale that I was thinking about but the sheer playability of it and the looks more than make up for that! Here's some pics:

MatrixClaw

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sweet. I used to have an SR500 that was great. Got rid of it after picking up a BTB 1305, though. Nice score!

apcpa2000

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a sweet looking bass. I just picked mine up after about 4 years of now playing. I have Sterling by Music Man Ray 34. I want a new amp right now, and having a hard time figuring out which 2x10 combo I want to get.

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Those are nice basses, too. They had a couple on display at Sweetwater and they looked really well made.