New Beato bag shipped in a garbage bag!

bigbeat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ordered a new Beato pro one snare bag direct from Beato. It was mailed via USPS wrapped up in a black contractors trash bag, encircled with lots of clear packing tape! The shipping label was simply pasted on top of the tape. There was no damage, and the bag is fine but I was really surprised at the packing job.

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's Fred !! Ha... It would surprise me too, but I'd eventually shrug my shoulders. ( I've ordered probably 4-5 bags from him )

XVIII Airborne

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My Pro 1 stick bag came shipped that way too, I thought it was a cost effective and green way to ship, bag arrived in perfect condition.

cozy4ever

Reaction score
Nope....I've learned my lesson about criticizing Beato on this forum, lol...at least the bag got to you in good shape tho.

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
if the bag can not hold up to a delivery, what good is it? real life application.

Rich K.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Fred seems pretty low tech when it comes to shipping. Guessing someone out there should hip him to better options.
Not too long ago he sent me some cases via USPS with hand written labels. It cost him more than it would with an experienced shipper.
(Maybe this was a one time case.)
I remember, long ago, Drummers World in NYC refused to computerize and was doing their shipping the old fashion, hand writing in a book way. The owner just didn't want to switch.
Joe Cusatis of the Modern Drum shop refused to buy proper shopping bags, and would instead spend a fortuned buying small boxes of Glad garbage bags. I tried telling him it would save him a lot dough and it would look a lot better if he ordered some regular shopping bags, but he would have none of it.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
I ordered a set of Ludwig fiber cases for my drums back in 1976 from Franks Drum shop. They put labels right on the cases and shipped them out. I've received flight cases shipped the same way. I guess they figure that cases are just fancy boxes.

At least he put the bag in a bag.

lrod1707

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Amazon ships Aquarian heads by placing the label right on the thin drumhead box. And they expect for it to arrive fine. I think at least Beato did some sort of packaging which is more than I can say for Amazon.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nope....I've learned my lesson about criticizing Beato on this forum, lol...at least the bag got to you in good shape tho.
Did you have a bad experience with Fred or his products?

I'm spoiled in that I normally meet Fred face to face to get my bags. :)

MonkeyGrass

Keystone Addict
Reaction score
Its... a drum bag. Why would it need anymore protection, just something to keep dirt & moisture off of it during shipping.

Again, it's a... drum case. Used to protect your drum and take the beating. Why does a case need... another case?

cozy4ever

Reaction score
Did you have a bad experience with Fred or his products?

I'm spoiled in that I normally meet Fred face to face to get my bags. :)

Oh, my mistake, I thought it was the Youtuber Rick Beato selling branded gear, whoops!

Latest posts