New Board, New software, New Mixes

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Got some more original stuff, hopefully you'll all enjoy. Drummers view cam at reherseal. We just picked up a Behringer air XR18, it's the second time we recorded on it and the results are decent. We have much work to do and soon will be setting out to finish a new release of 9 songs. I'm playing my INDēs, Paiste Big beat cymbals. Any recording advice would be much appreciated!

Johnny K

Reaction score
1st, your band sounds great, I like the groove and the vibe and your drumming sounds good too.
2nd I am by no means an expert on recording. But I have a pretty good ear. First thing I notice (and I am listening on crap computer speakers with crap sub-woofer) is that I cant hear the bottom end. The EQ for the whole recording sounds flat. One of the tricks I have learned in the short time (about a year) I have been recording my own drum and guitar stuff is that you know your on the right track with your mastering when you can hear the vocal, the snare and kick drum when you turn the volume down very low.

Last edited:

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
1st, your band sounds great, I like the groove and the vibe and your drumming sounds good too.
2nd I am by no means an expert on recording. But I have a pretty good ear. First thing I notice (and I am listening on crap computer speakers with crap sub-woofer) is that I cant hear the bottom end. The EQ for the whole recording sounds flat. One of the tricks I have learned in the short time (about a year) I have been recording my own drum and guitar stuff is that you know your on the right track with your mastering when you can hear the vocal, the snare and kick drum when you turn the volume down very low.
Thank you for the kind words! Much appreciated. This recording is a live recording. I know its lacking low end and that's something I'll have to figure out in the mastering. Were getting ready to track so itll be a different ballgame but yes its gonna come down to the mastering. Thanks for listening and thank you for the advice!

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So many things caught me as interesting in this video... like the interesting instrument line up. You sound great, I dig your infectious pocket.