New Drum Kit Day! Gretsch USA Custom - Mystic Blue Gloss (Update - more pics)

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
I saved and saved for these, and sold off some of my collectable snares...I had been wanting a Gretsch USA Nitrocellulose lacquer kit for a long time, and finally took the plunge. It arrived today, and after a quick look-see, appears to be flawless! Can't wait to set it up and see how it sounds. I've had the snare for a few months now, waiting for its brethren. This finish has to be seen in person - I can't explain it, but in certain light, there's a purplish hue that comes off the finish. Otherwise, it looks like a nice deep, rich blue. They still know how to do it down there in Ridgeland. More pics to come, after I resize....
DSC_1298 (2).JPG
DSC_1300 (2).JPG
DSC_1302 (2).JPG
DSC_1311 (2).JPG
DSC_1278 (2).JPG
DSC_1286 (2).JPG
DSC_1276 (2).JPG

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
STUNNING!!!!! Congrats on the new addition to the family! Looking forward to a full review to follow as you get to play them a bit! What a cool color!

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I saved and saved for these, and sold off some of my collectable snares...I had been wanting a Gretsch USA Nitrocellulose lacquer kit for a long time, and finally took the plunge. It arrived today, and after a quick look-see, appears to be flawless! Can't wait to set it up and see how it sounds. I've had the snare for a few months now, waiting for its brethren. This finish has to be seen in person - I can't explain it, but in certain light, there's a purplish hue that comes off the finish. Otherwise, it looks like a nice deep, rich blue. They still know how to do it down there in Ridgeland. More pics to come, after I resize....
View attachment 449744 View attachment 449745 View attachment 449746 View attachment 449747 View attachment 449748 View attachment 449749 View attachment 449750
Beautiful and I suspect the nice pics dont even do it justice.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think the adjective I’m thinking here is “Regal”.

Yes, more pictures and review, please.

I’ve thus far been able to avoid the gravitational pull of Planet Gretsch, but the sheer mass of those rims and the cosmic girth of those shells...really alluring.

Congratulations.

dsop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Fantastic. I've never seen that finish. Is it a regular finish they offer or did you order custom?

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful. That's one of my favorite shades-- kinda reminds me of Yamaha's short-lived "Deep Blue" finish on the Recording Customs. What are the sizes?

Latest posts