New Drumset day!!

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Unboxed!

otdE5GEhQUaelk2Rinb3Wg.jpg iGpXC62GT6CvQPTsb1nrPw.jpg

So, last year, I played 46 shows with the band that I play for. For most of those 46 shows, I used a DW Jazz series kit in Blue Glass. They sounded fantastic, but weighed a ton, and I'm not getting any younger.

I'm blessed to not need the income from these shows to support my livelihood, so pretty much all money made goes to buy gear. At the end of last year, I bought a 8" x 14" INDe stainless steel snare from Josh after it was significantly discounted (probably to move inventory for the awesome looking Kalamazoo stuff). When I pick it up, it all but floated in the air. It was at that point that I decided to order a new kit for the 2020 gigging season.

14" x 20" bass, 7"x 10" tom, 8" x 12" tom. 13" x 15" floor tom. All in light blue with mahogany stained bass hoops. They pretty much floated out of the boxes as I removed them. I'll get to tune them up later today to hear how they sound.

Thanks to Josh from me, and my back!

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks all!

I just tuned them up to my liking - how I've tuned drums all my life. I cannot get over the bass drum. I mean, they all sound fantastic - I'm enjoying the 15" more than I thought I would - but the bass sounds like a concussion bomb! And it weighs about 1/3 of my DW Jazz bass drum. Can't wait to take them out Friday night!

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
Wow, they look great, that blue is beautiful! INDe makes a nice instrument.

15” floor tom is a load of fun, it’s like finding a whole new species of animal. Very groovy sizes man.

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks like a killer set up and I love that color.

I just put down a deposit on my second INDe kit yesterday, you won't be disappointed.

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats - Great sizes and you can't go wrong with Josh and his INDe builds - very high quality and superb design in all respects.