New DWs on the way!

Reaction score
Great looking set and you're gonna love how it sounds. The only new set that has that level of vintage mojo in terms of sound, IMHO. IF you really want an old school tone, try Remo Skyntone heads on the toms.

R

RickP

Hey G,
Are you going to keep the stock heads on or are you going to put on something else ?

gutenberg

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm gonna try the stock coateds first.
maybe I'll like them!

jbonzo1

DFO Master
Reaction score
gutenberg said:
maybe I'll like them!
I ordered DW coated batters on my DW Cherry shell kit and they are very nice. Like coated Ambassadors with a better collar. They tune up right away.

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
jbonzo1 said:
maybe I'll like them!
I ordered DW coated batters on my DW Cherry shell kit and they are very nice. Like coated Ambassadors with a better collar. They tune up right away.
They also have a steel rim, so they are bit heavier than regular ambassadors. And true, they have different, lower collar.
Here's a picture of Remo's ambassador on the left and Remo's DW-snare head on the right.
I really like the DW-version bit better, too bad they are not easily accessible here. Don't want to buy a new snare every time just to get a head. :D

Attachments

Too Many Drums - NAH!

Reaction score
That's not only a beautiful looking shell pack, I'm sure they'll sound great! DW makes great drums, as I'm sure you know. I love the wrap color, the lugs and the bass drum T-rods. They make the kit look vintage. Enjoy them and thanks for sharing with us. I'm sure that, like me, other Forum members want to hear from you after they're set up and tuned; maybe even let us know how they sound on a live gig or in the studio.
Tom

LimaPop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That set should last a lifetime, great tone from the classics and great hardware. I played a set with Aquarian MV heads and wow butter tone and super sensitivity under the brush.....