New Evans Heads - No Level 360?

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Picked up a G1 recently. Is this not a Level 360 head? Count me among the people who DIDN'T think it was a great step forward and loved the original G1 and G2 heads.

Dan

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I forgot what level 360 meant? It does seem they improved the coating on the newest heads? It feels different to me. I'll have to pound on them for a while.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wish. I used Evans on and off pre 360. After the 360 change I just really dislike them. All the twang and mojo gone.

Browny

Reaction score
I forgot what level 360 meant? It does seem they improved the coating on the newest heads? It feels different to me. I'll have to pound on them for a while.
I thought it was a steeper shaped collar that was meant to seat better on more shells, including oversized vintage drums.

I tried a set of Level 360 coated G2s on my Radio Kings and they were actually worse than the Emperors I had on them previously. They'd get on to the drums, still tight, but they'd never tune up well and were super dead in comparison.

FWIW Aquarian American Vintage weren't great either but the Classic Fit Ambassadors are brilliant. I'd love for them to make some Classic Fit Emperors to give those a shot.... and 26" CF bass drum heads!

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I thought it was a steeper shaped collar that was meant to seat better on more shells, including oversized vintage drums.
That was my understanding. Yet, I replaced the non-360 G2s on my 80's Superstars with the 360s....and THOSE were a tight fit on the 13" tom. It tuned up ok, but I didn't like that they were tougher to get on after all the blah blah blah. I wanted the old G2s back...I had NO issues with them! I also tried coated G2's on my 3-ply Ludwig drums and they sounded worse and deader than the old Emperors they replaced. No es bueno.

I got the G1 as part of a deal with the EMAD head I had ordered. Is this Evans's way of saying "Hey! Remember us? We don't suck!"

Dan

equipmentdork

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
ALL Evans heads are 360 technology now. They changed their logo to simplify the look, but they are exactly the same as the previously marked Level 360 heads. It was on their Facebook or Instagram.
Ok. Thanks. Will be avoiding from this point on.

Dan

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
never liked the name didn't sound drummy enough..
Evans. What's an Evans. Sue Evans only Evans I ever knew.
Sounds like a Lawn & Garden product "Evans Feed and Weed"..

Remo's like Bongo Baby swingin'..

Jordan Blue

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've not been a fan of Evans coated heads since the 360 thing. The coating doesn't last for me. I'm not eager to try anything new they have.

mkelley

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been using them for a while, coating and sound still better. They tune up quick, without the break-in time as the Remos. Never understood why that is still acceptable to so many.

Latest posts