New forum section

cyberdyke

Reaction score
I just want to say I really enjoy this forum/list and the people on here are helpful and have really good information. I would like to suggest that a new topic section be added - electric drums/drumming. I myself have been one for the past 15 years and although I like reading about acoustic kits and equipment it would be nice to have an area where I can get tips and info on my instrument. I'm sure I'm not the only one of this group that plays e-drums.

thanks for listening.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
welcome to the forum and thanks for your input. what say the rest of you to this idea?

mike

Reggie Mental

Reaction score
I raise my hand to this suggestion. Although I arrived here with an acoustic kit to learn on it soon transpired that to get enough practice time in I needed an E-kit. I now read the boards as passing information rather than 'relative' seeing how my acoustic kit is all wrapped up until I can give it what it deserves, someone who can drum.

I've joined a couple of E-kit forums but don't experience the quality of content and participation that Drumforum can provide, which is my concern, maintaining this level of membership and not lowering standards. I say this as someone who's eager to learn from those farther down the road than he and as someone who's not interested in E-kit news or promotions, I just want to drum and cut through all the BS.

Thumbs up if rules of engagement are thought through.

Thud

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It seems like a sound idea.

stickinthemud

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey cyber!

Recognized your handle from Vdrums!

You have found a civil bunch here at DFO. Thanks for the suggestion! If we get a lively edrum discussion going here I can quit bouncing back and forth!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
ive bounced the idea off the dfo admin/mod team tonight. we'll see what we can come up with...

mike