New forum Sold section

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello we have had quite a few requests for a Sold section it is now up, with recent sales.

Sellers all you need to do is mark the item sold in the header and we will move it to the Sold section.
pretty much what you would do now.

I think this will be a plus for a couple of reasons.

1) all items in the for sale section…will be for sale.

2) It gives people an idea of what sells.

So, hope you like it.

Ben and the DFO gang.

S

skinsman

Great Idea Ben. I really like the way this section is developing. Thanks for your efforts. This place is TOPS!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
sellers. if you would, please take a minute and check any for sale ads that you have listed and make sure they are still current. please mark them as sold if they have been. we'll be checking and moving items accordingly. thanks.

mike

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
also, when editing, just click on full editor to access the edit title option.

mike

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
also, if you have an item that's still in the for sale section and it has been sold. you can simply add a reply to it with the word "post". easier than modifying the title if you like. we should be able to see that and move it accordingly. thanks for the idea danrh.

mike

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like it.

Question I've always wondered about: Why do people sometimes remove the sold price from posts when things sell? That's a key piece of info.

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Really excellent idea in so many ways. Thanks guys!

And thanks for taking the time to go though and move so many older ones. It's the tidying up that takes the time.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
Appreciate moving the old items out of the For Sale section, yet keeping them for reference.

Now it's up to EVERY seller to remember to label the item when sold!

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
it helps me a lot if sellers can put sold in the topic title. I can do a quick search and move without too much work. when its just in the topic content, its a whole different ballgame. ive got a years worth moved right now. there are probably some left in that timeframe that i'll run across or the sellers will mark sold.

mike

gaskeg

Reaction score
How do I access the full editor to edit the title? Trouble finding the link, thanks

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
gaskeg said:
How do I access the full editor to edit the title? Trouble finding the link, thanks
click on edit. then the full editor option should appear for you. my screen is different than yours. but I think that part still is the same as mine.

mike

gaskeg

Reaction score
There seems to only be post description level edit button, the title doesn't open up.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
gaskeg said:
There seems to only be post description level edit button, the title doesn't open up.
I think using full editor will get you that option.

Sellers please remember to update your sold items for us. By putting that info in the title it makes it so much easier for us to identify and move. Helps to keep the for sale section fresh. Thanks.

Mike

kluger

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can't figure out how to make the title edit either, even on the full version.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
My admin screen is completely different, so I can't give the same exact instructions that you might need. Can any members help out here please? Thanks.

Mike

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Thanks Stretch. That's what I thought too.

Mike

Latest posts