New Gretsch USA Custom snare - Mystic Blue Nitrocellulose hi gloss (now with poll!)

Should I get an entire Gretsch USA Custom kit in Mystic Blue hi-gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer?

• No, it's too expensive, and I have enough kits already.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Yes, you only live once, and you haven't lived until you've owned a Gretsch nitro kit.

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
This isn't my first Gretsch USA nitrocellulose lacquer snare, but the first one that I've been crazy about. The pictures do not accurately represent this color. It's more of a purple-blue in natural light. In brighter light (aka flash), it looks like a blue sparkle. You just have to see this finish in person to appreciate its beauty.
DSC_0155 (2).JPG
DSC_0158 (2).JPG

Blisco

Reaction score
As a blue drum fan and owner, that is indeed wild. A whole kit like that would be incredible. Reminds me a tiny bit of Pearl's Rhythm Blue from a few years back.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That's gorgeous! I can only imagine how great it looks in person!

bellbrass

DFO Master
Reaction score
I should get a picture of it in natural light...it really doesn't look like a blue lacquer; more like a violet or purple shade with a lot of blue...if that makes any sense. Gretsch has a Cobalt Blue nitro finish, and it doesn't look anything like that in person. It's really pretty. The attached pic is a lot more what it looks like in person....it's actually my snare, at the store before I bought it...just different lighting.

Attachments

Latest posts