New INDe BR3 No-Drill Tom/Accessory Brackets NOW IN STOCK!

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
The new Patent Pending BR3 Bracket is the most versatile mounting bracket available! It allows you to add one in place of any lug on any drum in your drumset, to either support the drum, or use as an accessory mounting bracket. No Drilling Required! Lightweight (.5lb/265g) and low profile (2”/50mm), it provides near-limitless mounting options, without adding weight or making it difficult to fit into cases.

• DESIGNED TO FIT 9.5, 10.5, AND 12.7MM MOUNTING RODS

• ADJUSTABLE MOUNTING HOLES ADJUST TO REPLACE LUGS ON NEARLY ANY MAKE/MODEL OF DRUMS (1-2” hole spacing, requires 2.75” clearance from other lugs- see photo)

• MEMORY LOCK INCLUDED
IMG_20181031_102753.jpg IMG_20181031_104552 (1).jpg IMG_20181031_105626.jpg

Attachments

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
AMAZING, AWESOME, ELEGANT, (wish this had been available before I drilled and put INDe mounts on my REMO kit, but, oh well...).

HOWEVER, the fact that you didn't name this the BR-549 is a missed opportunity...

xsabers

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I have OTHER kits, don't I???? I think these will be a prime candidate for my acrylics!

"poppies"

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Are these drumkey-operated only, or do they come with a wing screw as well for hand-tourqing if you choose to sacrifice a little profile?

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
Are these drumkey-operated only, or do they come with a wing screw as well for hand-tourqing if you choose to sacrifice a little profile?
These are typically set up as drumkey only, but the wingnuts can be installed. I will put together a wingnut conversion kit in the coming months, but if you need one now, let me know and we can work something out!

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
AMAZING, AWESOME, ELEGANT, (wish this had been available before I drilled and put INDe mounts on my REMO kit, but, oh well...).

HOWEVER, the fact that you didn't name this the BR-549 is a missed opportunity...

Dang, BR549 would be way better!

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score

The drilled in mounts are still the best performing option- you won't regret drilling IMHO. The BR3 doesn't have the spring adjustment like the BR2s.

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice! I don’t suppose you have a way to include a DW swivel nut?

xsabers

Reaction score
The drilled in mounts are still the best performing option- you won't regret drilling IMHO. The BR3 doesn't have the spring adjustment like the BR2s.
I ordered one yesterday to try it out. Were there logistic issues that couldn't be overcome in adding the spring adjustment? On heavier drums, where a mid-spring adjustment might be optimal anyway, should the BR-549 (my pet name for it) work about the same?

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
I ordered one yesterday to try it out. Were there logistic issues that couldn't be overcome in adding the spring adjustment? On heavier drums, where a mid-spring adjustment might be optimal anyway, should the BR-549 (my pet name for it) work about the same?
Thanks for your order! The spring adjustment would have made it bigger, so it was a tradeoff. Keeping this thing small was a priority! Always a possibility of making a larger/adjustable version in the future!

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm a big INDe fan - no question. I have a bunch of drums built with INDe (Josh's) lugs and brackets.

For the most recent build, I entertained the idea of swapping out a lug for the BR3 and doing away with a separate BR2 mounting bracket. Josh advised me to stick with the BR2 for tom mounting, but curious me wanted to check out the BR3 anyways.

I ordered a BR3 bracket and was impressed with the design and build of the bracket. It clearly has a purpose and can be put to good use in various roles. The spring element of the BR3 bracket is considerably stiffer than the "max flex" position I use on the BR2. Because I rely on the original BR2 for optimizing both positioning/mounting options AND tone, it was clear to be the BR2 was best tasked for standard tom mounting. Otherwise the BR3 is a great option to have for accessory mounting.

In short, I found Josh's advice spot in regards to deploying the BR2 and BR3 for their optimal purposes. It's great to have these options from INDe.

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
I just had a crazy idea. My heavier drums wobble a lot on the BR2XL bracket. Why not 'double mount' them by adding a B3? I could easily attach an L arm to my bass drum hoop using my dw claw mount and connect a 2nd tom L arm holder to that, which would attach to the B3 on the drum. There is a BR2XL bracket on the drum, flying from a cymbal stand already. The tom holder on the bass drum might not even be needed if the L arm can be attached to the drum in the right place... and it could be attached to the bottom of the drum.

Sounds a little complicated and unnecessary, but it could improve two things - even better tom sound (already good) and much less wobble.

Plus it doubles what I'm spending on INDe mounts... lol

Last edited:

xsabers

Reaction score
Thanks for your order! The spring adjustment would have made it bigger, so it was a tradeoff. Keeping this thing small was a priority! Always a possibility of making a larger/adjustable version in the future!
That's what I figured, but since I am using this on an acrylic drum, drilling wasn't an option so this currently is my best hope. Anxious to try it.

Have you thought about thinning the metal at the spring portion to give more flex? I got a million ideas and only 999,999 are completely unrealistic! The rest are just silly...

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
I just had a crazy idea. My heavier drums wobble a lot on the BR2XL bracket. Why not 'double mount' them by adding a B3? I could easily attach an L arm to my bass drum hoop using my dw claw mount and connect a 2nd tom L arm holder to that, which would attach to the B3 on the drum. There is a BR2XL bracket on the drum, flying from a cymbal stand already. The tom holder on the bass drum might not even be needed if the L arm can be attached to the drum in the right place... and it could be attached to the bottom of the drum.

Sounds a little complicated and unnecessary, but it could improve two things - even better tom sound (already good) and much less wobble.

Plus it doubles what I'm spending on INDe mounts... lol
While I like the idea of buying 2 mounts :), I am not sure that would be the best option. Did you try adjusting the BR2XL to a stiffer setting? One of the reasons these brackets work so well, is they flex in all directions- they flex along the "U", but they also twist in a number of directions. If you used 2 mounts, that would restrict the movement of the drum to only one axis. I think it would have a negative effect on the sound.