New Inde kit!!

bfulton

Reaction score
I was gobsmacked by the green sparkle small(er) kit that’s on YouTube. I got in touch with Josh at Inde, one thing led to another....
This kit is a prototype of a potential new line for Inde. Man. By far the best sounding kit I’ve ever owned .... and that I’ve played.

(This explains why I’m selling stuff!)

Attachments

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Hat stand over by the fireplace? You selling them on Craigslist or what?

bfulton

Reaction score
I have the hi hat listed in the for sale section. I’m raising funds to ... help pay for the Inde kit.
And xsabers?
The 20 is a step up in size for me. I’ve been playing 18 s for quite a while. He has an 18 for these kits, but we thought the 20 would be more versatile.
If you wanted a 22.... you’d get one!

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I was kidding you about the "pile of drums" arrangement reminiscent of Craigslist.

bfulton

Reaction score
Dang. I was hoping you were after the hi hat!
;)

bfulton

Reaction score
Thanks! I’m looking forward to some quality time this week.
The tuning range is incredible.
The looks are a plus too - really elegant hardware, nice stain. Overall, it’s a really interesting set of drums!

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Awesome sizes. Congrats! What finish is that, btw?

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
Beautiful kit Bill! Josh makes some great drums.

Mike

bfulton

Reaction score
Y’know , I didn’t even ask what color the finish is. What would you say? Walnut?

And I agree Mike. Josh does great work. And like the name says, he’s independent of corporate structure. He can ... create the best drums he can. And it is definitely nice to deal with the owner-inventor-creator-all around drum geek.
^_^

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Y’know , I didn’t even ask what color the finish is. What would you say? Walnut?
Ok, that’s kind of what I was thinking. I just sold my set of INDes in satin mahogany (still have a rosewood kit, though). Yours seemed to be a slightly different color, though. Anyway, whatever the finish is called, it’s gorgeous!

bfulton

Reaction score
I think this type of finish is part of a different line for Inde. I don't know the details -- Josh does.
IndeDrum.com

I love Rosewood -- the first set I boughtas a young pro was a Sonor in rosewood. (Of course, then I got married, job -- you know the story!)

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
YES YES YES YES (but 22 x 10 or 22 x 12 would be PERFECT!)
I have 22x8 and yes, I think you're onto something. 22x10 might be Nirvana Achieved.

----------------------------------------------

BFulton - Congrats on your latest grab. That's a cool looking kit. Hope to hear it some time.

Elvis

Gcort49

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sweet, Bill!

I have been sitting on the fence about contacting Josh for a Bop kit...but keep thinking, as I approach 71yo, how much longer will they be used. Sometimes, a guy needs to think of the future, at this point in life.

bfulton

Reaction score
Understood - I'm 67.
I think of the words my 89 year old stepfather said: "None of us are getting any younger - get what you want."

I don't know if that's wise, or not. 8>)

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
Buddy Ebsen, in his 90's was a guest on 'The Motley Fool', and he said something along the lines of "Make sure you have enough money to live on in retirement. When you're 100, there isn't much you can do to get any more of it. "