New Inde Studio Mod Series

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Worth adding to this thread. I saw on Inde's IG this morning that they're also debuting Walnut and Cherry SS snares. Not sure what sizes will be offer, but looks like 14x6.5, natural finish, re-rings, 8 lugs, infinite snare beds, and Inde throw/butt plate. Apparently they'll be offered on their website soon for $850.00. I look forward to demos! I wonder who's doing these shells?

Another short demo of the new Mod kit. I love how this kit sounds. I haven't even got my alum WaFarer kit yet and I'm already thinking about ordering one of these. Ugh.

Last edited:

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played the cherry and walnut kit at the Chicago Vintage Druma show and was really impressed with both . Josh also had some steambent snares at the show for excellent prices and they sounded killer too . Josh is knocking it outside of the park these days.

culture trash

Reaction score
I played the cherry and walnut kit at the Chicago Vintage Druma show and was really impressed with both . Josh also had some steambent snares at the show for excellent prices and they sounded killer too . Josh is knocking it outside of the park these days.
Lucky! Can you think of any sets you would compare them to? Definitely interested in a set of these.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cherry kit was a bop size kit - very articulate with warmth . Very drum in the kit sounded like it was a kit - not one bad drum in the set up . I loved the snare that was with this kit . The cherry/poplar combination is a winner IMHO . I like the way the poplar thickens the note from the cherry .

The Walnut kit was in more Rock sizes - it was fatter and better suited for lower pitches than the cherry version . This is no slight against the cherry . The combination of walnut and poplar really hit home with me . I really liked this kit a lot . Tons of resonance , very very warm sounding drums . Beefy might be the word for this . Not as clean and articulate as an all walnut kit (like the N&C or Tama Star ) but then it has its own vibe that was very cool . I can see this being able to cover a lot of different styles .

Redfern

Very well Known Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know is that somebody over there is a motorcycle enthusiast…and I do love those drums. That cherry bop kit is, well, cherry.
25CF07AF-A1E9-4CD0-9D63-9CE7A5848BA9.jpeg

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I played the 22,10,12,14FL,16FL Walnut kit at the Chicago Drum Show and it was extraordinary sounding. A perfect set of drums with a great bass drum to boot. Lots of low end OOMPH.
That's great to get feedback from fellow DFO members, like yourself and N&CNut, people we know have played a ton of kits, have lots of experience, etc. That kit (in demos) certainly sounds like what you two have described, but nice to have confirmation.

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
That's great to get feedback from fellow DFO members, like yourself and N&CNut, people we know have played a ton of kits, have lots of experience, etc. That kit (in demos) certainly sounds like what you two have described, but nice to have confirmation.
I don't think anyone would dislike that kit. It just was perfect. Each drum sang beautifully and had a very clear, distinct note that was very fat and pleasant on the ears. They also felt great to play on. Very wide open, resonant, but totally FAT sounding. A joy to play on. I kept going back to that kit to play on it!

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think anyone would dislike that kit. It just was perfect. Each drum sang beautifully and had a very clear, distinct note that was very fat and pleasant on the ears. They also felt great to play on. Very wide open, resonant, but totally FAT sounding. A joy to play on. I kept going back to that kit to play on it!
That's awesome. They sound (from what I can tell on the couple of demos), very fat, yet punchy, great sustain, warm. All four toms seem to be in harmony (if that makes sense). Thanks again for the insight!

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That Cherry kit. You're right, that snare sounds great (kit too).

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worth adding to this thread. I saw on Inde's IG this morning that they're also debuting Walnut and Cherry SS snares. Not sure what sizes will be offer, but looks like 14x6.5, natural finish, re-rings, 8 lugs, infinite snare beds, and Inde throw/butt plate. Apparently they'll be offered on their website soon for $850.00. I look forward to demos! I wonder who's doing these shells?

Another short demo of the new Mod kit. I love how this kit sounds. I haven't even got my alum WaFarer kit yet and I'm already thinking about ordering one of these. Ugh.

I asked Micah at Cask and he said he wasn't.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
The logo with the accented É is confusing … Is that a tilde, so we pronounce it IN-DAY?

Not sure that making English even harder to read, write and spell what we should be doing right now …

7D0BF70D-009C-4F3E-944B-523B3373850D.jpeg