New Inde Studio Mod Series

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hmm...Summit?
I'd be willing to bet (since I had them build me one a few years ago) that black swamp is making the solid shells for that project. I had Eric and Josh make me a 5x14 solid maple back in 2019 and it was a glorious snare drum. They are only like 45 minutes away from each other here in Michigan so it would make sense to have the two of them colab on those shells.

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Update:

I read on Inde's IG that Keller used to make the shells for their flex tuned maple drums, but now Nordic is making all their wood ply shells (single ply snare shells are from another source, but you know him, and he's awesome). Both companies make top notch shells. I've had a chance to play and inspect a bunch of Nordic shells, and they're very nice, imo. This is great to hear. Thought I'd pass on the info, for those wondering who makes Inde's wood shells.

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this same kit (size wise + a 13" tom and 20" kick) in the Keller based Flex-tuned shells but the longer this sits on the website for sale the more I think of who I can sell mine to and buy these! And I adore mine, but these are something special!

1655084651173.png

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this same kit (size wise + a 13" tom and 20" kick) in the Keller based Flex-tuned shells but the longer this sits on the website for sale the more I think of who I can sell mine to and buy these! And I adore mine, but these are something special!

View attachment 565105

I got to play the Studio Mod kits and hear others play them in Chicago and I was very impressed with the sound of both the cherry and the walnut versions . They look really nice in person too .

Fat Drummer

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got to play the Studio Mod kits and hear others play them in Chicago and I was very impressed with the sound of both the cherry and the walnut versions . They look really nice in person too .
Yep, I'm officially jealous! I even priced out a smaller Cherry kit on the web site for fun, but I just dont need to spend the money right now. I have such a large shell bank that took a couple of years to put together of the maple and it serves me very well. I just dont need the new kit, I just want it!

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

View attachment 565105
Yeah, I have my eye on a walnut Studio Mod kit. My recent Inde WaFarer kit purchase was pleasing, so I'm very tempted.