new Indesign rail mount replacement

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Josh comes through with another elegant well thought out design

kallen49

Reaction score
Looks like another brilliant INDe retrofit .......

But I'm curious about your choice of words ...... is there some sort of time limit on this product? I didn't get any hint of that from the video ......

Mike
just speculating there could be a lot of demand for this product? If I wanted one I would order one now.
I've occasionally seen some Indesign brackets listed as temporarily out of stock.
I have the ultra light tom mount, bass legs & brackets and a floor tom with BR2 brackets and aluminum legs, very happy with them.

Last edited:

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to me I've seen rods with spades on the end - couldn't one of these be clamped by the INDe muti-clamp? That will accommodate diameters from 9.5mm (3/8") all the way to 12.7mm (1/2").

M.
Is the Inde multi-clamp the top section on the rail mount?

bv4ryr

Reaction score
Purchased Immediately. Been waiting on this.
Not unhappy with the Ludwig Ratchet Rail.
I believe this is the best of all the newer designs.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is the Inde multi-clamp the top section on the rail mount?
Yes ...... it is the piece that has a fixed pair of clamps on one end and a "toothless" rotating clamp on the other. Very useful ...... I have bought several of these from Josh as standalone parts. I use them on various mounts that I've put together out of other manufacturer's bits and pieces.

24FFD2A1-106E-4686-94C2-3868F900C9D3.jpeg

Mike

jmele2

Reaction score
Heard back from Craig at IndieDrum and he suggested using the existing L-arm blade with this new rail mount. Sounds like it might be a great solution for my vintage Yamaha D20 setup. I've got some measuring to do!

bv4ryr

Reaction score
Installed and ready to go. Very nice work from [email protected] once again.

I did have to drill the original rail holes on the shell out for the new bolts. They were slightly larger than what I had. I added the original Ludwig ratchet rail so factory ones might be OK.

Well designed and it is infinitely adjustable. I've gone through 4 different base setups.
Putting the Gearless Tilter on the main post helps you get it lower and worked best for me.
Tinker toy for drums! Played with it for hours trying different things.

Attachments

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Well...looks like Josh is going to get more of my money...

6topher

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Awesome stuff. I am a little apprehensive at the lack of knurling, but a minor thought

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Awesome stuff. I am a little apprehensive at the lack of knurling, but a minor thought

The aluminum L-arms without knurling do require the use of the very slick and effective INDe "memory lock". It's actually the mem lock that holds the position radially around the rod diameter. The wing nut alone requires too much tightening to prevent rotation, but is perfectly effective, in conjunction with the memory clamp, to secure the drum.

Knurling on aluminum is just asking for premature wear out in any case ....

My $ 0.02 ......

Mike