New Jojo Perfect Balance Standard Pedal

gezz

DFO Star
Reaction score
Rick P posted a photo of the new model from drummers hangout yesterday.. I have pre ordered one and just waiting on them coming into stock.. I cannot wait

Gerry

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just my first impression of the pedal: I put the older version and this version side by side and the feel has not changed one bit. Which is great. The pedal board has a different finish now but would be extremely difficult to tell the difference unless you are playing barefoot and without socks :) . Basically good old JoJo pedal without the bells and whistles. Me like :). You get a nylon pouch with the new one as opposed to a nicer bag but I guess that is one way to keep the cost down.

robthedrummer

Reaction score
Looks like it doesn't fold any more, which is why I bought it. I can tell you why a lot of them fail. I play with my bass drum front hoop lifted off the floor by no more than a 1/4" or so, so it's basically flat. Many drummers use a much higher angle. That folding mechanism was not designed for the stress of a significant angle, plus the weight and force of a someone thumping the bass drum hard.

I like mine and have not had any trouble with it, but now I keep a spare pedal in the car, just in case. I love to play pedals like the Tama speed Cobra, etc, but lightness and compactness in my hardware bag will always win for me!

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't find it available anywhere in the US yet. Just Canada?

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just my first impression of the pedal: I put the older version and this version side by side and the feel has not changed one bit. Which is great. The pedal board has a different finish now but would be extremely difficult to tell the difference unless you are playing barefoot and without socks :) . Basically good old JoJo pedal without the bells and whistles. Me like :). You get a nylon pouch with the new one as opposed to a nicer bag but I guess that is one way to keep the cost down.
Murat, please expound further on playing the pedal barefoot because that is how I play...barefoot. What's the deal?

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Murat, please expound further on playing the pedal barefoot because that is how I play...barefoot. What's the deal?
The "finish" on the pedal has changed. It is still as smooth as the original but the original footboard is described as "lacquered" and this new one is "polished". I am not even sure if my barefoot can tell the difference though. Maybe the difference is felt once you really warm up?

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
My Sonor dealer, in the USA, told me he ordered one for me when I made my inquiry a couple of months ago. I haven't heard anything from them yet, and I haven't received a pedal yet. I'll have to wait until Monday to contact them and ask about USA availability.

Stretch

R

RickP

You can see in the pics I posted above the pedal board is more of a brushed smooth finish instead of the the shiny polished finish of the original folding version .
From some testing I did last night there is no discernible difference in feel between either version of these pedals . I will co tibue fo use both pedals .

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Instant classic, I'd say. Without the clutter of the magnet/push button, the design is even clearer.