New kit Sonor S-Class: double tom hold or ...?

Germandrummer

Reaction score
I just bought this nice emerald green Sonor S-Class kit with matching snare a few minutes ago.
A Sonor D454 and 14" Paiste 505 Hihats come along with it. Didn`t really look for these things but it`s a great bargain.
Completely new to me is a kit formerly attached to a rack. It comes without double tom hold.

Should I go for the double tom hold or get some multi clamps and fasten the toms to my widebase phonic cymbal stands?

What would you do?

Attachments

nk126

Reaction score
Bass mounted holder for sure. I've been flying my toms off of stands forever and I've grown tired of it.

Ask me again in 10 years and I'll give you the opposite answer, I'm sure ;)

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
The age old argument is that tom holders change the sound of a bass drum. I think most drummers either don't care, or can't hear a difference and don't care. I can hear a difference, which is why it's no tom holders in the bass drum for me. Even a bass with a tom mount, I won't mount toms on it.

I admit that it's much more convenient on a gig, having toms mounted on the bass drum. I have occasionally changed my mind and done that to save setup time. And I admit no one in the audience is going to know the difference.