New kit - when to compromise?

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, yes - a little too caliente for me. Someone grabbed it though so of course I want it now. What was the kit you waited for?
Wait, somebody grabbed it!? :icon_e_surprised:

Well, at least that takes the pressure off of you and you can sit back and wait another 2 or 3 years for the perfect kit to come along...:icon_lol:

UptownShakedown

Reaction score
If it's not exactly what you want, it might bother you every time you look at it, because 'the one' will still be in the back of your mind.

Oops - just took a peek and it's gone. Did I miss something?
Yep, got nabbed - which means if I was on the fence of course I want it now.

UptownShakedown

Reaction score
Wait, somebody grabbed it!? :icon_e_surprised:

Well, at least that takes the pressure off of you and you can sit back and wait another 2 or 3 years for the perfect kit to come along...:icon_lol:
Yeah, which means of course I want it now - haha. Good luck to them, I hesitated and got scooped.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
no matter what 'color' you have you only have one 'color' at a time so some days you like; some days you don't look; some days you wish of another; but mostly you walk right past it sit down and Play

unless it's so distracting you can't play.
Think I saw an MIJ Pearl wrap like that but was only Once :D
that and any animal colors like; Bone or rat fur or Flesh or..

Reaction score
I’m considering a new kit myself. That Ludwig is gorgeous but the company I’m looking at is INDe Drum Co. out of Kalamazoo. The guy who started that company is responsible for the Ludwig Atlas hardware from a few years back. They make this finish called “Reso Armor” which is a epoxy or resin that they coat the drums in that you can customize. They also make some nice satin finishes too. Basically I like this company because of their philosophy of low mass hardware. Their lugs are super cool and the same stuff the Atlas Hardware has like mounting brackets that double as lugs for keeping your kick drum a “virgin” or putting a bd rail mount without drilling holes. I love Ludwig still but I’m leaning heavy towards these INDe drums. My favorite Ludwig wrap is Ruby Strata.
160082D0-A2B1-49E5-A373-82CC1E1593A7.png
5FD79E8C-A0C5-41AD-91FD-B96319060CC0.png

Angelo Zollo

Reaction score
Hey folks, the time has come to buy a brand new kit. I've bought used and vintage for years and havent had a new, out-the-box kit in over a decade. I found something online that checks all my boxes - brand, make, sizes, stain and not a wrap, huge discount from list price, free shipping and everything else...except the finish. It looks good but it doesnt give me that "oh, hell yeah" feeling when I see my favorite finishes. So, what's the move - get something for essentially half the price and checks all the boxes? Or wait for that perfect white whale to come along?

Thanks for any insight the group wishes to share.

michaelocalypse

Reaction score
My current kit isn't the color I've always wanted. Still completely happy with it, and it doesn't check all my other boxes for being the ideal kit. If I were to get the color I want, I'd be giving up a lot more that I wouldn't be happy with. And vinyl vehicle wraps are relatively cheap if I decide to change up the looks. Everything is a compromise, even when buying new.