New Linda Rondstadt album--Live in 1980!!

singleordoubleheads

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Just picked this baby up for 10 bucks at Target--Russ Kunkle is ON big-time!! There is some Youtube footage as well that are from the same gig...4/24/80. He is playing a white Yamaha 1up/2down kit and it sounds awesome.

The snare is just perfect--not the expected late 70s mush-fest, or the early 80s high crack--just exactly perfectly in the middle. Toms and kick are full and phat. Band is ridiculous! Check it out guys if you get a chance.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I used to lover her voice. I've heard she is no longer able to sing which I find sad beyond belief. She is one of the greats

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Saw her live back in the mid 70s. Kunkle was so great. That was just an amazing concert.
She was unable to sing for the past few years. Her day to day was difficult, by her estimation.
Then, she got hit with another bit of bad news ... she has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s recently.

Pimp-a-diddle

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Man that's sad. I really wish her the best because I know that has to be very tough.

Erik

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to hear what you think of it!
I ordered it on vinyl, and haven't received it yet. However, I have listened to it on apple music. What a great voice! It's been a long time since I've listed to her.
Great show and a reminder of just how beautiful her voice is / was.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Great stuff.....A class gal with a sense of humor and that voice.......WOW !

Also, check out her performances with Nelson Riddle, bought this box set when it came out. Just superb !

Last edited:

DrummerJustLikeDad

That's Me, The Silent Son
Reaction score
Drumline in the Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging
I’m showing my age here, but thanks to Jim Henson and his awesome troupe of performers, this lady’s voice shook me when I was 11 years old.

No VCR in those days. I recorded her episode on a little Panasonic cassette tape recorder. Sat it right in front of the TV and everyone knew they had to keep quiet. Blue Bayou was one of my favorite songs for a long time. I listened to that tape again and again for years.