New Ludwig classic maple bearing edges

yetanotherdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You have just begun an experiment in the perception of time. Before you ordered your drums, you perceived a period of 3 – 4 months as passing at a certain rate. Now that you've ordered your drums you will perceive a period of 3 – 4 months as passing at a much slower rate.

The same thing happened to me between June and September of 2013... ;)
I ordered my Classic Maples in November of 2010, and received them in April of 2011. I guess it takes longer to get a kit in a stained finish then it does to get a set in a wrap.

But it was worth the wait to get what I wanted.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
I'm there with ya.
Ordered in early April 1999, received July 1999.
Was told "2 weeks"....back log was blamed on Modern Drummer article on updates at the Ludwig factory that came out like 3 days after my drums were ordered.
Caused such a sensation, they were flooded with orders, so "special orders" were back-burnered while they filled orders for more common setups.
I remember the lacquer was still ever so slightly sticky when I got those drums.

Last edited:

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
......So now a long wonderful wait of roughly 3-4 months starts :oops:
Congratulations! Maybe it won't take that long. I have a feeling that things are probably slow in sales because of the Covid thing and they are delivering quicker. I ordered my Tom and it just arrived today. (I just got home and I'm about to open the box) :) They had quoted me 2 months and it took 1 month. So hopefully you will have a similar experience. Mine is a wrap though! It's tough waiting that long!!

Last edited:

J_Boomy

Reaction score
Congratulations! Maybe it won't take that long. I have a feeling that things are probably slow in sales because of the Covid thing and they are delivering quicker.
Thanks! I have been thinking the same and one could only hope

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’m aware of a birdorder placed 4/22 - shipping 6/30
Congratulations! Maybe it won't take that long. I have a feeling that things are probably slow in sales because of the Covid thing and they are delivering quicker. I ordered my Tom and it just arrived today. (I just got home and I'm about to open the box) :) They had quoted me 2 months and it took 1 month. So hopefully you will have a similar experience. Mine is a wrap though! It's tough waiting that long!!

Agree - I'm aware of a kit in birds-eye veneer that recently shipped just 9 weeks after being ordered.