New Ludwig classic maple bearing edges

unregisteredalien

Reaction score
I hope that as you continue to play and learn more about your beautiful new drums you will continue to share your thoughts with us. I for one, am enjoying your posts very much! :thumbup:
Ditto. I have also gone on a bit of a journey with a new kit this year, so I can relate to the experience and it's good to read about someone else's process. I also really appreciate the candour of your posts @J_Boomy - there's often a tendency to hype big new purchases, but thoughtful reflection is much more interesting and helpful.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, yet another post about my drums...(I will try to stop now).
You take every excuse you possibly can to talk about your drums.
They're yours, they're really nice, you're really proud of them, why wouldn't you want to stand on top of the highest mountain and yell out your affection for your new-found love?!
When I got my Classic Maple kit, I took every opportunity to mention them and have posted so many pictures of them over the years, I'm starting to think I singlehandedly started the 10/14 tom craze that everyone on the planet seemed to be using, once upon a time.
...as I've often said, she's my favourite fashion model. ;)
So go ahead and drone on about your kit to your heart's content, and then some.....you're allowed. :thumbup:

Elvis

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You take every excuse you possibly can to talk about your drums.
They're yours, they're really nice, you're really proud of them, why wouldn't you want to stand on top of the highest mountain and yell out your affection for your new-found love?!
When I got my Classic Maple kit, I took every opportunity to mention them and have posted so many pictures of them over the years, I'm starting to think I singlehandedly started the 10/14 tom craze that everyone on the planet seemed to be using, once upon a time.
...as I've often said, she's my favourite fashion model. ;)
So go ahead and drone on about your kit to your heart's content, and then some.....you're allowed. :thumbup:

Elvis
After all, it is a drum forum.

codydee12

Reaction score
Ditto. I have also gone on a bit of a journey with a new kit this year, so I can relate to the experience and it's good to read about someone else's process. I also really appreciate the candour of your posts @J_Boomy - there's often a tendency to hype big new purchases, but thoughtful reflection is much more interesting and helpful.
I am on the list of folks also enjoying hearing about your experience! I am looking to complete my Classic Maple order TODAY! So freaking pumped.

A bit of a different feel from your large ludys but also went round over on the bearing edges.

J_Boomy

Reaction score
A bit of a different feel from your large ludys but also went round over on the bearing edges.
Very nice and interesting!!!
Please share your thoughts on the sound when they arrive.
I know it is a hard wait but worth it :)