New Ludwig Spirit Of '76 drums

Ghostin one

Reaction score
John Stamos has been playing a set of the originals at the "Capitol Fourth" in D.C. with the Beach Boys (and whoever else) each year. He has donated the set afterwards.

freeflydawn

Reaction score
This seems like a hefty upcharge over a legacy maple 3 piece with a wrap and I'm not sure I understand the timing of releasing this at a 44th anniversary point.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
It's marketing. Drums aren't selling like they used to, so the trend has been "very limited release" products, with premium pricing. It's a trend all over retail with higher-priced items. I've seen it in the wristwatch industry, liquor industry, guitars, Boxed CD / vinyl sets....and so on. It's a low-risk venture for Ludwig; they need only do a little photography, ad copy, and mix up 3 small batches of lacquer. Win-win. And the snares are almost completely gone...all at asking price.
EDIT: Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have a kit!

Last edited:

jeffintampa

Reaction score
Pretty cool. These are lacquered not wrapped legacy maple shells. Very limited, not sure of the quantity. I have an original '76 kit, but these have me drooling.

https://www.ludwig-drums.com/en-us/ludwig/blog/ludwig-legacy-maple-76-limited-edition?fbclid=IwAR3FkhYdwMKsOOCNy6sy69jB025wen9VSMO513iSK6F0K3C9Mq821kTP9RI

View attachment 449025
I special ordered in 1969 that kit from Ludwig at Bringes Music, St. Petersburg, FL, in sparkle wrap. One of a kind then. Sold them when I went to college, BIG mistake. Then saw them on TV, in Buck Owen's band.