OldSticks

Reaction score
I'm a cyber dinosaur, so if I make a mistake, please let me know. This may be old news: I've had 2 LP cowbells I've hardly ever played, I've tried duct tape, hunks of foam, a wadded-up sock, no help with a "good sound". I saw the LP magnets, got thinking.... I'm onto a good fix: thin "sheet" refrigerator magnets (you likely have one on your fridge; calendars, photos, ads). I bought a 11x15 calendar from the Amazonian monster for $6.99. I''ve cut different sized/shaped pieces with scissors. A business card size inside, interior of top (striking area) works real well. The best snare I've ever played, a 1980 Tama Bell Brass, was conned/stolen from me in 2016, in South Bend, IN. It still hurts way down deep in my soul. There was an "oldstix" on DF, no posts for several years. I'm already "Oldstix" on 2 other forums, so I chose "OldSticks" on DF. Oldstix, if you're out there using DF and you'd rather I change my user/member name, please speak up. Much love, JM do some of you participate on different forums?

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice tip on the cowbells.
I know some people here are also on vintagedrumforum and various Facebook groups for drums.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it, lots of good info here.
What there are other drum forums ? Ha ! as Jeremy (Lossforgain) said vintage drum forum shares members.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm a cyber dinosaur, so if I make a mistake, please let me know. This may be old news: I've had 2 LP cowbells I've hardly ever played, I've tried duct tape, hunks of foam, a wadded-up sock, no help with a "good sound". I saw the LP magnets, got thinking.... I'm onto a good fix: thin "sheet" refrigerator magnets (you likely have one on your fridge; calendars, photos, ads). I bought a 11x15 calendar from the Amazonian monster for $6.99. I''ve cut different sized/shaped pieces with scissors. A business card size inside, interior of top (striking area) works real well. The best snare I've ever played, a 1980 Tama Bell Brass, was conned/stolen from me in 2016, in South Bend, IN. It still hurts way down deep in my soul. There was an "oldstix" on DF, no posts for several years. I'm already "Oldstix" on 2 other forums, so I chose "OldSticks" on DF. Oldstix, if you're out there using DF and you'd rather I change my user/member name, please speak up. Much love, JM do some of you participate on different forums?
Welcome. You remind me I need to put the cowbell on the kit

MJB

Reaction score
Welcome, what you need is more cowbell.