header.nohb.html

New Metallica Album and Tour Announced

robthetimekeeper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Metallica dropped a new single today for their upcoming album (4/14/23) and announced a tour with Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, and more.
I'm an old school fan since '83 and the new song impresses me more than anything they've done since the 90's.

Stephen.DeBoard

Reaction score
This sounds great! If this is a sign of what's to come this will be a great album.

I'm also happy they seem to be done experimenting with production.

Trommeslager

Reaction score
Big stadiums tour ... To me, weird Metallica having Five Finger Death Punch as an opener, as Metallicas usual is good bands.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Meh... Excited to check this tune out later. I grew up on Metallica but they lost me after justice for all.

Saw them on the master of puppets tour, I'm good.

Zero interest in FFDP.

DrummBumm89

Reaction score
I think if Hardwired was from any other newer rock band it would have lived on the radio.

Seeing a bunch of comments online about Hetfield's voice and I think he sounds fine given he's just about 60.
Comparing Apples to Apples Mustaine's live is just about ear plug worthy last I saw.

Hugely impressed with how they tend to do their setlists typically, most bands hardly change up songs over a tour and they always switch it up from city to city. Saw them do Stone Cold Crazy forever back and every time they are in town they do songs they've never played here before. The 2 nights 2 sets thing is also very impressive, not many mainstream rock bands are going on tour with that much material prepped.

Five Finger Deathpunch is not my flavor. Ice Nine Kills is fantastic though. Very happy to see them getting to open for Metallica and get some new fans. They put on one of the better Alice Cooper-like productions for a new generation.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I think Wolfgang Van Halen's band Mammoth is opening some of the dates. I saw metallica back in 1988 on the Monsters of Rock tour and again on the black tour in 1991. I actually like james a lot. I have never really cared for Lars all that much. His drum sound never appealed to me in the slightest. I remember when I was a teenager in the 80's and my local drum shop was selling one of the Zildjian crashes like Lars was using on tour that year and I decided it would be cool to have one. I think it had stars stamped into the cymbal and it was an 18" with a brilliant finish. I have never been one to really whack cymbals in a store so a few taps and I figured it was good. As soon as I got that thing home and gave it a good whack, I thought it was the worst sounding cymbal I have ever heard. At least to my ears. It was so heavy and thick it felt like I was hitting a saw blade or something. it had zero sustain and I felt like i would need to beat the crap out of it to make it crash properly. I promptly returned that thing!

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not a Metallica fanboy but I grew up on Lightning, Master and Justice, like most anyone from my generation.

They lost me on the Black Album and ever since.

I'm kinda surprised by what I'm hearing now. This sounds like what I consider metallica material more than anything they've put out in ages... smart move to capitalize on their Master of Puppets revival recently brought on by Stranger Things. Even my 14 y/o daughter listens to old school Metallica and she sure didn't grab that at home. So Kudos on them for nodding back to what made them successfull in the first place.

JY Kelly

Reaction score
And it looks like Lar$ is using the old Black and White Artstar kit (with Granstar lugs) in the video.

Rivot

Reaction score
Metallica dropped a new single today for their upcoming album (4/14/23) and announced a tour with Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, and more.
I'm an old school fan since '83 and the new song impresses me more than anything they've done since the 90's.

Some real good solid drumming going on there i really like that track it reminds me of old time rock.

redbeard

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you a have a few bucks laying around you can buy tickets right now.

image001-3.jpg

Attachments

• image001-3.jpg
    image001-3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 5

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I think if you are a fan there are many things to like about this song...For me, the fact that the black and white Tama is back is nostalgic as that was the first set I bought with my own money, right after the Justice album, double bass and all. I am glad it is back :)