header.nohb.html

New Metallica Album and Tour Announced

Sambo84

Reaction score
Big stadiums tour ... To me, weird Metallica having Five Finger Death Punch as an opener, as Metallicas usual is good bands.
Looked like they are doing 2 dates at each stop on the tour, which is fairly limited (they are doing the big round stage in large stadiums). But Pantera is opening on one of the nights so that would be much preferable me over FFDP,, but then I haven't seen ticket prices yet xD

bassanddrum84

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I never got into Metallica growing up. Mainly cause I can’t stand Lars lol but I will say nothing else matter is one killer song that kick drum and snare just is so amazing to me.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess a new tour means a new signature snare.. Bring it on Tama.
20220814_094901.jpg

Attachments

• 20220814_094846.jpg
    20220814_094846.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 11

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Wasn't his last signature snare a bust?

I don't get signature snares, it's like a marketing gimmick.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't his last signature snare a bust?

I don't get signature snares, it's like a marketing gimmick.
I "get" signature snares. If you know how , they don't cost anything. It comes down to these names....Charlie, John, Ringo, Keith, Lars and sometimes Buddy.

Last edited:

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I "get" signature snares. If you know how , they don't cost anything. It comes down to these names....Charlie, John, Ringo, Keith, Lars and sometimes Buddy.

OK, let's see here...

Charlie Watts

John Bonham

Ringo Starr

Keith Emerson

Lars Ulrich

Buddy Hackett (sometimes)

I did not know that Keith Emerson had a signature snare!

Tornado

DFO Star
Reaction score
So much for the theory that old guys can’t kick ass ;). Probably my favorite Kirk solo so far.
I think I do prefer some of the more "composed" solos from back in the day. The One solo is probably my favorite. But this one was really good and full of fury.

I think I have to go see this tour. I need to see what Pantera does to a stadium full of 40-55 year old metalheads reliving their youth. I predict meyhem at Jerry World. Arlington is the home base for those guys.

drums1225

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but Kirk Hammett is and always has been an awful soloist. As much as I loved Metallica from about '86 to '90 (saw them at least 5 or 6 times), I've always hated his playing.

And that was before I saw THIS...

Just absolutely brutal.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Im bored with this new Metallica sound. I liked it for Death Magnetic since it was a refreshing change back to a harder/faster sound, but Hardwired had the same sound and that album sucked. Now this song has the same sound... Just more of the same. The guitar riffs are boring, the drumming is boring... Not interested in their current music.

Tornado

DFO Star
Reaction score
D
Im bored with this new Metallica sound. I liked it for Death Magnetic since it was a refreshing change back to a harder/faster sound, but Hardwired had the same sound and that album sucked. Now this song has the same sound... Just more of the same. The guitar riffs are boring, the drumming is boring... Not interested in their current music.
Death Magnetic had good songs, but I really couldn't listen to how loud it was mixed. It was kind of grating. This song sounds a lot better production wise.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I wasn't going to say anything, but they are super tight on this recording.
Pro Tools can make a band of 12yos who've been playing together 3 weeks sound tight, but it can also suck the life out of a performance, just like the sound replacement did to Lars' quirks. It sounds like James plus a robot band.
No way around it though. Just like magazine covers are photoshopped until people look animatronic (can't have people who look like people), nearly all metal is scrubbed free of as much humanity as possible before it's released into the wild.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many ways can you arrange thrash songs anyway ? There has to be a limit to the riffs /solos before it gets redundant no ?

I found even Dream Theater redundant after 4 records …

Extremely few bands have more than 4 great records IMHO ….

BBeyer

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think it sounds great.. but I DID think hardwired had great throwback tunes on it when I first heard it.. and quickly became “meh” about that album.

Anyway the straight forward thrash sound is cool..
The old white and black kit is cool (as hell)
The double bass playing sounds killer, and Kirks soloing sounds like he’s trying to do something “different”
I don’t foresee seeing these guys live.. but if I did, I’d hope that lars can hang with that double bass playing in REAL LIFE lol