header.nohb.html

New Metallica Album and Tour Announced

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
W
How many ways can you arrange thrash songs anyway ? There has to be a limit to the riffs /solos before it gets redundant no ?

I found even Dream Theater redundant after 4 records …

Extremely few bands have more than 4 great records IMHO ….
Well, arguably their best full length was number 5 (my favorite at least), and I thought numbers 6-8 were pretty good too. After that, meh. The first four records seemed to me to just be them finding their way to the 5th.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
W

Well, arguably their best full length was number 5 (my favorite at least), and I thought numbers 6-8 were pretty good too. After that, meh. The first four records seemed to me to just be them finding their way to the 5th.

You’re the 1st person I’ve heard say that .

I’m not saying I disagree , not one bit .
Just saying …
I just lost interest after Justice …

I think it’s good we all have our own preferences…

redbeard

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pre-sale start Wednesday. What is source of graphic?
I went to the Met Life stadium website to see what the seating chart would be and it had a link to ticketmaster for tickets. I'm only assuming that these tickets are being sold by the owners of the boxes/suites knowing they can buy the tickets once they go on sale. Kind of a pre-sale for tickets that technically have not yet been sld.

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
I like the new tune, the double kick sections have a Motörhead vibe

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You’re the 1st person I’ve heard say that .

I’m not saying I disagree , not one bit .
Just saying …
I just lost interest after Justice …

I think it’s good we all have our own preferences…
It seemed like you were talking about Dream Theater, not Metallica. I also feel Justice was Metallica's apex.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seemed like you were talking about Dream Theater, not Metallica. I also feel Justice was Metallica's apex.
Well crud , I did kinda derail this thread huh ….
I did enjoy Scenes From A Memory and bought the ensuing live DVD …
I couldn’t believe they played the entire album start to finish live , wow ..

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well crud , I did kinda derail this thread huh ….
I did enjoy Scenes From A Memory and bought the ensuing live DVD …
I couldn’t believe they played the entire album start to finish live , wow ..
When I saw them on that tour, Petrucci actually made a noticeable mistake. It was on the easiest acoustic strumming part. The rest of the band seemed very surprised. I know the feeling. I've been driving too fast for too many decades, but the only two collisions that were my fault were when I was driving slow and my brain checked out after a long day at work.
Now I've completed (exacerbated?) your derailment.

Plaid Sabbath

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new tune is pretty cool. Getting a “Hit the Lights” vibe from it. Seeing James with that white Flying V makes me smile. 3 minute track, played in standard tuning…pretty cool.

Might not be the glory days of “Master” or “Justice” but considering these guys have been around for 40 years and can still play like that is pretty remarkable.

Wonder if Kirk’s Wah pedal was broken. Didn’t hear it on the new track.:headbang:

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Finally watched this.

Song is great, well done. I have no interest in it though.

Trommeslager

Reaction score
I is surprized by the reactions of most as when I saw last Metallaca (2019), 90% of crowd was dudes in 50s wearing black Metillaca tshirt. Band play powerful and intenseness. It sold out.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I is surprized by the reactions of most as when I saw last Metallaca (2019), 90% of crowd was dudes in 50s wearing black Metillaca tshirt. Band play powerful and intenseness. It sold out.
1669907655533.png

ppfd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Meh... Excited to check this tune out later. I grew up on Metallica but they lost me after justice for all.

Saw them on the master of puppets tour, I'm good.

Zero interest in FFDP.
Right here.
I thought the last 2 outings were pretty decent

5 finger never interested me. Are they metal country now? They came through WV with one of those new bro country singers they are splitting the bill with

JY Kelly

Reaction score
Right here.
I thought the last 2 outings were pretty decent

5 finger never interested me. Are they metal country now? They came through WV with one of those new bro country singers they are splitting the bill with
That band is a construct assembled in a lab somewhere. Hot Topic metal for people with no actual discernible taste in metal.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many ways can you arrange thrash songs anyway ? There has to be a limit to the riffs /solos before it gets redundant no ?

I found even Dream Theater redundant after 4 records …

Extremely few bands have more than 4 great records IMHO ….
What do you recommend bands do after they have 4 great albums? I do really want to know.