New mics new heads have a listen

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, recently picked up all new heads as well as a new mic system for my INDes. I'm loving these Focus Xs with power dots. Voice your opinion on the sound!
Groovy Drumless track recorded on Tracktion Waveform 8. INDe Drum Labs shells, Aquarian Focus X batter heads w/Power Dots and Texture Coated Resos. Super kick 2 batter and Ported Regulator on the bass drum. Paiste 2oo2 Big Beat Cymbals. Mics are 2-Audio Technica ATM 450s for overheads and Shure Beta 91A on a Kelly Shu Flatz mount.

Last edited:

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
sounds real good .... nice playing too ....
Thanks Bob!
man I need to get me some mics. Even a simple setup like yours sounds so good.
Little over 1k for that setup. It's really sweet. The overheads really shine. I'll eventually add direct mics on the toms, and snare but at the moment, it's not needed, so I went with the simple set up

Mongrel

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I like it-nice pocket. Played for the song...

Only nit pick-on my system the drums are sitting a little too far back in the mix. Sound like you could bring them up front a bit. (again-on "my" system).

Ray Dee Oh King

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like it-nice pocket. Played for the song...

Only nit pick-on my system the drums are sitting a little too far back in the mix. Sound like you could bring them up front a bit. (again-on "my" system).
Thanks man. Yep, still learning and messing around with the recording aspect. It's been a lot of fun. Thanks for watching