New Pearl drum throne a winner

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I typically don’t consider Pearl when I am making drum decisions . Pearl makes fine drums and hardware but atypically they are not at the top of my list when I am purchasing gear .

The new Pearl d1500tgl Pnuematic throne really impressed me when I saw it at one of my local shops . I have made a conscious effort to lighten my hardware bag by going with Tama Classic series stands or Yamaha Crosstown stands . The issue I always had was that none of the drum companies have come up with a solid , comfortable lighter weight stand till now.
A friend had seen these at NAMM and was raving about them . I finally had the chance to sit on one and it is a very comfortable throne . You can get it in a guitar pick shaped top or round top . I prefer the guitar pick shaped top personally . What shocked me was how light this throne was to pick up . It must be at least half the weight of my Roc N Soc throne and even lighter than my Tama First Chair thrones .

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you describe it as being firmer? That's what I'm looking for, something that feels more like a piano bench.
There is some sinking into the throne top but nothing like say a Pork Pie throne. It is not as stiff feeling as a Roc N Soc. It feels better than the Tama Ergo rider I have.The Tama keeps feeling like it is sinking , the Pearl just stays firmer and more comfortable.

Last edited:

nylontip

Reaction score
The legs look very similar to the new Yamaha Crosstown stands which are fantastic. Might have to check this out, because as much as I like my Tama First chair, it's becoming a bear to transport.
Thanks for sharing.

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That TGL is the same weight as a double braced Tama 1st Chair throne. That can't be right? The Tama HT430BC is 11.1lbs and if you can get over the soft seat the HT230 only weighs 8.8lbs. I use the 430 top on the 230 base and it comes in around 9.5lbs.

hector48

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just got one of these thrones.
It's nice, but honestly, there isn't much of a weight reduction over other thrones.
I mean, yeah, the base is a little lighter, but not by much at all.
I have a Tama First Chair, which I "thought" was really heavy.
It's less than a pound more than the Pearl.