NEW Philly Joe Jones Footage

Reaction score
OK, so there is tons of wonderful footage of almost all of the greats. But there has never been enough of Philly Joe Jones. Yes, I have seen the Bill Evans, and the Monk (one tune?) Don't worry after the first few mins the cameraman gets to the other side of the stage and focuses on Philly Joe. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to see him in person. I do wish this was filmed during his peak (1954-61ish,) and there are some syncing issues, beggars can't be choosers. While youtube is NEVER a replacement for seeing, hearing, and feeling live music and musicians! (NEVER!!!!!) We no longer have that opportunity with this master. Here we go....
Happy watching!!!
MSG

Tanabata

Reaction score
Pure brilliance! Thank you. "Look Stop Listen" is also from 1983, I've had it all these years.

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
This is the best quality footage I've seen of that gig. Thanks very much for making us aware of it.

Scott K Fish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
OK, so there is tons of wonderful footage of almost all of the greats. But there has never been enough of Philly Joe Jones. Yes, I have seen the Bill Evans, and the Monk (one tune?) Don't worry after the first few mins the cameraman gets to the other side of the stage and focuses on Philly Joe. Unfortunately I never had the opportunity to see him in person. I do wish this was filmed during his peak (1954-61ish,) and there are some syncing issues, beggars can't be choosers. While youtube is NEVER a replacement for seeing, hearing, and feeling live music and musicians! (NEVER!!!!!) We no longer have that opportunity with this master. Here we go....
Happy watching!!!
MSG

Beautiful! Thank you. // skf