New question on Ludwig restoration

cworrick

The BIG Bunny on the block
Reaction score
So, for anyone not following along on my original thread, here's the link with the pictures:

So I had a pink bunny/little girl inspired idea I want to float.

To touch up the Floor Tom wrap issue around the leg mount, Would a Silver Sparkle NAIL POLISH work?

If so, what about filling the extra holes on the Bass Drum and using it to cover them as well.

I know it won't be perfect, but it may look better 10 feet away (3+ meters) than the holes.

Any thoughts?

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes it would. You would obviously have to fill the holes with something but nail polish should work just fine. Nail polish is made mainly of nitrocellulose disolved in butyl acetate or ethyl acetate so it is similar to a lacquer paint.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I've tried pearly white on white Marine Pearl and it didn't work. Too thin. I suppose if you're going to layer multiple layers on it, it could work.

How big of an area is it? I have silver Sparkle vinyl tape that looks perfect....

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
You can buy silver sparkle glue at craft stores (or Wal-mart craft department in the bigger stores). I've used a blue version to fix a spot on a blue sparkle floor tom and it worked reasonably well. Better than nail polish which would have much smaller sparkle flakes.