New, really?

Asher

Reaction score

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
The batter head certainly doesn't look new. However, that's a hell of a nice drum.

Asher

Reaction score
I'm sure it's a nice drum, but the description includes:

"New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

MikuljanP79

Reaction score
That is definitely not new but still looks ok. Looks like the dude is trying to pull some major not true to get some extra cash.

andrewro

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Batter must be one of those new "distressed" finishes. Not sure it works in this application.

critterkllr

Reaction score
You could send him a message and see what he wants for it. I wouldn't even bother if he's pulling that crap. I think it's hilarious that he didn't even put a new head on it.

Asher

Reaction score
critterkllr said:
You could send him a message and see what he wants for it. I wouldn't even bother if he's pulling that crap. I think it's hilarious that he didn't even put a new head on it.
Yeah, I don't actually care about the new vs. used distinction, as opposed to the actual condition of the drum, but it looks sketchy to me.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ronn names all of his snare drums.
For instance, I've played "Karen" and "Thrice".

Does the seller call that snare drum by a name?

Elvis

DrumSmith

Reaction score
Hoop looks warped! Maybe the picture or an optical delusion, but yeah. Also a broken snare wire. And who NEVER changes the head on a $600 drum even after the coating is gone? Fishy.

amosguy

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrote and asked about it listed as NEW with used head and broken wire. Might be a typo he said, but noticed it is now listed as USED.

rikkrebs

DFO Master
Reaction score
MrDrums2112 said:
The batter head certainly doesn't look new. However, that's a hell of a nice drum.
Wow. If you are going to sell a snare of that quality, at least put a new head on it.