New Recording Customs Landed @ DCP!

DrumCenterNH

Reaction score
We just received our first shipment of the new Yamaha Recording Customs, and they look amazing!
Here is a little teaser image for ya...

Give us a call or email Tony for a special DFO price!

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I tapped on the real wood tom, sounded sweet, was tuned high from the factory, maybe they have a real wide tuning range.

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
TopHatJohnny said:
China or Japan made???
China - The PHX line is now the only Yamaha drum line made in Japan (at the Yamaha Music Craft facility in Hamamatsu).

drumsargeant

Reaction score
After getting yelled at by the drum set-up roadie at the Yamaha booth at NAMM this year, I must say the new Recording Custom "Gadd" drums that were on display sounded absolutely fantastic! I don't remember my Recording Customs sounding that lively. I highly doubt that the roadie that set them up could tune them any better than me either. They were displayed in the Marriott Hotel so the ballroom may have played a slight factor. My Yamaha Rep said that they gave Steve Gadd an array of different shells with varying edges and lugs etc...and these are the ones he chose as the best sound.

doctor dirt

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They must be completely different than YRC, how can they be the "same"?
Maybe better but that would be one hell of a trick right out of the box from a factory thats brand new
at making shells!
Sakae==YRC just because you own a name doesn't mean their the same!
I wish Yamaha well they were smart enough to hire Sakae just not willing to share!
Doc, long time YRC (Sakae) player along with Eames 100% Birch two the best Birch shell companies.