New Rogers brass Dynasonic?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking drums, should sell well.

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don't appear to be out on the market yet. I wonder if they'll be priced to compete with the Black Beauty and also, how different they will sound from each other. I like the floating snare rail.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
? google Chinese translator pops up?
must be a market R is going after..

pgm554

Reaction score
Used classic Dyna's in very good to great condition are $300 to $500.
DW True Sonics are $600.
$800 is pushing it.

hsosdrum

Reaction score
Used classic Dyna's in very good to great condition are $300 to $500...
Not with wood shells. And yes, I know the re-issue shell is different from the original. My reissue still plays like a Dyna-Sonic, and its a perfect sonic match for my Ludwig Legacy Maples. In fact, it knocked my LB416BT Black Beauty off the snare stand and into its case.

Totally worth $800.

pgm554

Reaction score
Not with wood shells. And yes, I know the re-issue shell is different from the original. My reissue still plays like a Dyna-Sonic, and its a perfect sonic match for my Ludwig Legacy Maples. In fact, it knocked my LB416BT Black Beauty off the snare stand and into its case.

Totally worth $800.
We're talking new brass metal Dyna's.
I own a Big R I paid about $250 for including new bottom snare hoop and cradle.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I think the pricing is right in the sweet spot for these drums. I was expecting them to cost more, honestly. I have the 6.5x14 Gold Glitter Lacquer wood one and it's a GREAT drum. Shockingly sensitive, but not choking. The big question is whether to get the 6.5x14 or 8x14! I want them both!!!

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I was able to play them @NAMM. Was not impressed. Imho they could of done a better job on the shells.
What was it specifically that you didn't like? I am curious because I was thinking about ordering one, but I haven't seen, played, or held one in my hands yet. I think they did a fabulous job with the wood version.

KingLudwig

Reaction score
What was it specifically that you didn't like? I am curious because I was thinking about ordering one, but I haven't seen, played, or held one in my hands yet. I think they did a fabulous job with the wood version.
Hi Treviso1, I was hoping for a thicker, heavier shell like the old COB's. I'm pretty sure the shells are made in Taiwan. I'd get a Porkpie brass & install the bridge system, save some money.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hi Treviso1, I was hoping for a thicker, heavier shell like the old COB's. I'm pretty sure the shells are made in Taiwan. I'd get a Porkpie brass & install the bridge system, save some money.
I get it. The one thing they should do is make sure the specs of the brass shell match the old ones...having a lightweight shell would disappoint me too.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! That's a good looking drum. It's expensive but it is what it is. If someone likes it and can afford it then it's worth the price for them.

Chayro

Reaction score
It's so funny, I had a real COB dyna in 1969 and NOBODY wanted the wood ones. They cost $110 bucks back then, which was a lot of money considering a Supra cost about $60. I believe the COB and the wood were the same price. If only I'd known. :(