New Rogers Drum Sets now available in the US...update from Pro Drum

fishstix94

Reaction score
..oh man I want that. Haven't seen them but I cant wait! Any word on potential price point?

pgm554

Reaction score
>First time I’ve seen an ad like this. I have no idea of price.
Says about 10K euros

Are they nuts?

Attachments

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
>First time I’ve seen an ad like this. I have no idea of price.
Says about 10K euros

Are they nuts?
That may just be an example. I looked at a Craviotto kit they have for sale for 6,800 pounds and the financing example was based on a price of 499 pounds.

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Except for the looks factor, I don't understand why a new Rogers kit should cost any more than any other "North American Hardwood" shells plastered with Taiwan-made lugs and hardware. Yes, they will be "assembled" in the USA. Yes, they will have incredible vintage style. And I love the looks of the "new" swan-leg stands. But they had better be quite careful with their pricing. They will be walking the same tightrope that DW will walk when they re-introduce Slingerland drums. How much will people pay for vintage looks?

I guess we'll see.

GeeDeeEmm

pgm554

Reaction score
That may just be an example. I looked at a Craviotto kit they have for sale for 6,800 pounds and the financing example was based on a price of 499 pounds.
Cash price is 9995 pounds.
Financed is over 13K pounds.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The drums look nice. But why do those spurs need to be so long?
Those darned long-arced and ugly spurs are not in keeping with the rest of the hardware. True that Rogers had a similar spur, but they didn't last long. They need to re-think these before I would ever consider purchasing a "new" Rogers kit!

-Mark

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Those darned long-arced and ugly spurs are not in keeping with the rest of the hardware. True that Rogers had a similar spur, but they didn't last long. They need to re-think these before I would ever consider purchasing a "new" Rogers kit!

-Mark
I always figured I could buy old swivomatic spurs and single Tom mount and have the guys at the drum shop, probably Pro Drum in Hollywood, drill and mount the old hardware. Prestó, I’m totally happy, but I need to know I can get a matching Dynasonic or powertone in red ripple.

Peter56

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The spurs are ugly, seem out place, only two finishes, black and red ripple which is nothing like the original red ripple, and for the same money you could probably pick up two or three nice “real” Rogers sets. I’m sure they’ll sell well...

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Update: Pro Drum says they are available and will take about a month for delivery. Price for the 20/12/14 in red ripple is $3,899. Add on drums will be available in the fall (I want a 16x16, too), but right now there are only two finishes, red ripple and black laquer. Matching dyna-sonic snares are not yet available nor are powertones. Imma gonna wait and see what happens later in the year with finishes and matching snares. it looks like a five piece set (20/12/14/16+dyna) including a matching snare may cost from $5,500- $6,000 when all is said and done. Hmm. I may keep my Gretsch RB and get an orphan 16x16 ft to go with it.

Last edited:

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
So they spend a couple years making Rogers tribute snares only, then when they come out with full sets you can't get a matching snare??
Insane, isn't it. When I spoke with Stan at Pro Drum he said he thought that all of the dynasonic finishes were available for the drum sets and then comes back a few minutes later and, seeming surprised, he says, "No." He has no idea when additional finishes will be available. So the drum set finishes aren't available for the snares and the snare finishes aren't available for the drum sets. I hope this gets resolved 'cause I ain't buyin' if I can't get a matching snare, dyna or powertone.