New Rogers Drum Sets now available in the US...update from Pro Drum

73Rogers

Reaction score
If you guys want vintage, I'm looking to move a 67 Blue Onyx kit an a XP-kit. You can have them both for <1/3 the cost of that kit. PM me for details.

kip

DFO Master
Reaction score
what makes the new Rogers drums, "Rogers" drums?
i'm just thinking about Gibson's Slingerland drums...other than the name... what ties the new drums to the old legacy?
Anything?

Reddy

Reaction score
what makes the new Rogers drums, "Rogers" drums?
i'm just thinking about Gibson's Slingerland drums...other than the name... what ties the new drums to the old legacy?
Anything?

Just the replication of the old look. I'm interested in what the new Slingerlands look like.

Fullerton 9/72

Reaction score
Chicago Drums has been making new "slingerlands" for nearly a decade now. They made me a three ply black beauty spitfire a couple years ago - vintage build out with TDR strainer and a tone control knob.

A new Buddy Kit:

1590098336380.png

They're even offering a new Mardi Gras finish!

1590098086057.png

Grey glass glitter, anyone?

1590098636464.png

Ron_M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What were the original Rogers shells made out of? I have a mixed set of holidays and powertones.. I know that they're some mix of maple.
What Bongo said. I think it ranged from all maple, to all birch, or a mix of both. I don't think poplar was ever mentioned, but I can't remember what I had for lunch, so.....

ludwigmod72

Reaction score
$6000?
Come on.

Why would anyone ever buy those drums over these?

I don't mean to start this whole debate up again in this thread, but I just don't get what you accomplish with a purchase of these kits?

If you want vintage tone, looks and vibe, buy a vintage Rogers at 1/3 the price.
If you want modern, new drums spend 1/3 of the price and buy a modern drum set with all of the technological advances of the last 60 years?

What am I missing?
Couldn’t have said it any better!!!

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The guys behind the revival are Rogers-since-day-one boomers. They've been promoting heavily on the FB Rogers group (there are a couple of groups, theirs being the one that calls itself the "official home" of Rogers); it seems they base their marketing on feedback from group members, a large chunk of which are also boomers. I know that feedback is welcomed there but dissenting posts have been removed. To date, posts about vintage sets far outnumber info on the new line. There has been very little if any discussion about the pricing. The way it seems to be heading is a niche market for relatively few buyers, hence the steep pricing. That might last for a while but it won't last long.

If they can't tap into a younger demographic, they're in a losing battle with the bed-rock-established leading manufacturers. It's going to require more innovations than simply relying on the nostalgic lure of the "Swivo" and/or "Dynasonic" era, and it's going to require national/international endorsees. Old Rogers users like myself aren't going to spend a ton on a copy of the original. Convincing younger players to pull the trigger isn't going to be easier.
After seeing the prices of the new versions, I'm ready to assemble a frankenstein kit of Rogers, if I have to go that route, and rewrap them to match: 12TT/14FT/16FT/20BD and maybe a new Dynasonic

fishstix94

Reaction score
they have the matching dynasonic snares, too, which I have not seen advertised elsewhere.
I thought I mentioned in this thread that the pink dynasonics were available. The dynas arent bad because they can be had used for around 600

Latest posts