New Rogers Dyna-Sonic

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had ordered another snare from a dealer, and didn't like it, so I returned it, and - on a whim - decided to get the reissue Rogers Dyna-Sonic (is that the right way to spell it?). I've never owned a Rogers anything before, but had read here ad infinitum about the Dyna-Sonic wooden snares. I also have read some really positive reviews of the reissue.

Well, this thing sounds fantastic! When I can take a snare right out of the box, tighten some tension rods, put it on the stand, point a mic at it, and it sounds great right from the get-go, I know I have a winner. It just has a great sound at high or low tunings. I'm still learning how to adjust the snare tension contraption, but I'm not worried, because this is a keeper. No snare buzz when I hit other drums, either! The finish is a red sparkle lacquer that looks really nice. Bill Detamore did a great job on this one. Highly recommended, thus far.
DSC_1665 (2).JPG

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Beautiful! It’s since that they come tuned with the rail set. I confirmed the Dynas ship with Ambassadors which sound good. I’m currently trying a Diplomat batter. More sensitivity yet brighter. Enjoy!

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! It’s since that they come tuned with the rail set. I confirmed the Dynas ship with Ambassadors which sound good. I’m currently trying a Diplomat batter. More sensitivity yet brighter. Enjoy!
Yes, a Rogers logo Remo coated Ambassador. Those are my preferred heads (Ambassador coated), so icing on the cake.

*Shane*

Reaction score
Wow! That’s a beauty! Do Rogers make complete drum kits anymore?

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! That’s a beauty! Do Rogers make complete drum kits anymore?
There is a new round of reproduction Rogers drums being made right now. You can search here on the forum and find people’s opinions. I haven’t had the chance to inspect or play them myself.

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only snare I would consider buying. Congrats..

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Makes me wanna get another dyna I loved the metal one I had. Still regret getting rid of it.

hsosdrum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had ordered another snare from a dealer, and didn't like it, so I returned it, and - on a whim - decided to get the reissue Rogers Dyna-Sonic (is that the right way to spell it?). I've never owned a Rogers anything before, but had read here ad infinitum about the Dyna-Sonic wooden snares. I also have read some really positive reviews of the reissue.

Well, this thing sounds fantastic! When I can take a snare right out of the box, tighten some tension rods, put it on the stand, point a mic at it, and it sounds great right from the get-go, I know I have a winner. It just has a great sound at high or low tunings. I'm still learning how to adjust the snare tension contraption, but I'm not worried, because this is a keeper. No snare buzz when I hit other drums, either! The finish is a red sparkle lacquer that looks really nice. Bill Detamore did a great job on this one. Highly recommended, thus far.
View attachment 483906
Hang onto the instruction sheet that came with the drum. When you get into trouble fiddling-around with the adjustments (like I did the first few months after I got my Dyna) if you follow the instruction sheet it'll take you right back home again.

BNK

Reaction score
Hang onto the instruction sheet that came with the drum. When you get into trouble fiddling-around with the adjustments (like I did the first few months after I got my Dyna) if you follow the instruction sheet it'll take you right back home again.
You can watch THIS VIDEO as well...

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks; I did, and am reading it now. I had a feeling someone would give me that advice!