new Rogers kit

gmiller598

Reaction score
DCP also hasn't said what the price is yet. Someone asked in the instagram comments and they asked them to call or email for a price before they list it on the site.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Those spurs don't say Rogers to me in any way. No memri loc pipes laying around anywhere?...
Part of Rogers was looking beefy..
Those spurs kill it.... Rest of it looks right.
If they re imagined Swivo spurs in some way, it would help..
Fix those spurs- maybe if they were straight- then they can call them Rogers.

close..
almost..

Last edited:

hsosdrum

Reaction score
I've always hated that type of folding spurs — there's no way to set up your bass drum at the same angle every time (a killer if you mount your tom to it).

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
I've always hated that type of folding spurs
I have those spurs On a Gretsch set and they belong there and they set and hold just perfectly fine. In ten years never a problem. And it looks good on a wood finish Gretsch USA jazz 18" funk set. but ON A ROGERS SET.. hmm

They are not bad spurs; they just don't look ROGERS.
I think the typical Rogers customer is going to want more.

Last edited:

hsosdrum

Reaction score
Functionality aside, I totally agree that they don't look 'Rogers' the way a pair of Swiv-o-Matic disappearing spurs would. Them things on that there Rogers bass drum are jes' too dang big!

Reactions: JDA

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've always hated that type of folding spurs — there's no way to set up your bass drum at the same angle every time (a killer if you mount your tom to it).
I have gull wing spurs on my CM. no problem setting it up, ever

hsosdrum

Reaction score
The Rogers website (www.rogersdrumsusa.com/covington-drum-kits) lists two shell packs: 12/14/20 and 12/16/22, available only in Red Ripple wrap and black lacquer. They state maple/poplar/maple with maple ring shell construction, the same as their new Dyna-Sonic snare drums. (Hard to believe they're not offering a 13" tom...)

Photos of both drum sets show the small toms on stands, and the site's parts section does not show any parts for Swiv-O-Matic shell-mount tom holders.

73Rogers

Reaction score
These were posted at the end of March so I don't know if they are the final product but that was the implication...
The new Rogers stuff is not doing it for me.
holder1.jpg
holder2.jpg

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I,d spend good money on a true Rogers vintage kit, before buying new. It would have to be original, not a "players" kit though. What is the advantage/reason for buying new when the name has so much history?