header.nohb.html

New single - Fire It Up

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
New single with me on drums. Available on your favorite streaming platforms (I have partial writing credit, so stream away or buy! LOL). And I make a cameo appearance in the video.

Gear I used: My green sparkle Ludwig Classic Maples 13/16/22 with a 6.5 CM snare. Paiste 602s with a 22" 2002 ride.

Not my favorite drum mix, but oh well.

cinemadrummer2001

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great song! I like the video too. I agree, the drums sound good but are too low in the mix for my taste. Unfortunately that seems to be a common issue these days on songs that actually have a real drummer.

Skinsmannn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Love love loved it. Real hooky and easy to remember.
Drums are right. Driving....groove is there and solid!
Nice work!

drummingbulldog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice pocket. Did you have moongel or muffling or was the snare tuned medium and open. Sounds compressed but l really like the overall. You didn't overplay for the song. Sounds great and the song moves along nicely with the stops. Well done. Keep it up.

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
Nice pocket. Did you have moongel or muffling or was the snare tuned medium and open. Sounds compressed but l really like the overall. You didn't overplay for the song. Sounds great and the song moves along nicely with the stops. Well done. Keep it up.
Thank you! There was some muffling, but I think it's also compressed.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
How am I only watching this now? Sounds great Amy! Awesome!

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
New single with me on drums. Available on your favorite streaming platforms (I have partial writing credit, so stream away or buy! LOL). And I make a cameo appearance in the video.

Gear I used: My green sparkle Ludwig Classic Maples 13/16/22 with a 6.5 CM snare. Paiste 602s with a 22" 2002 ride.

I just stumbled onto this. Congrats Amy!!

Yeah maybe the drums could've been a db or 2 louder (even more so for us drums afficionados) but they sound good. Can't delve too much into the specifics of the mix since I only had some crappy airpods knock-offs to listen on. But is sounded like a solid straight forward country-rock song, well recorded and well executed. Way to go! Will keep an eye and an ear out for more of your stuff...

Jonathan.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Great song! I like the video too. I agree, the drums sound good but are too low in the mix for my taste. Unfortunately that seems to be a common issue these days on songs that actually have a real drummer.
I too just saw this. Well done. She has a great country voice. Can't go wrong with 1&3 bd 2&4 snare. I also would love to hear the drums much more up front in the mix especially the snare. I assume you tracked to a click?

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
I just stumbled onto this. Congrats Amy!!

Yeah maybe the drums could've been a db or 2 louder (even more so for us drums afficionados) but they sound good. Can't delve too much into the specifics of the mix since I only had some crappy airpods knock-offs to listen on. But is sounded like a solid straight forward country-rock song, well recorded and well executed. Way to go! Will keep an eye and an ear out for more of your stuff...

Jonathan.

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. Here are more recordings I've played on throughout the years: https://amydrums.com/music

I too just saw this. Well done. She has a great country voice. Can't go wrong with 1&3 bd 2&4 snare. I also would love to hear the drums much more up front in the mix especially the snare. I assume you tracked to a click?

Thanks very much. I enjoyed working with her. Yes, we tracked 3 songs for the EP, all to a click. Not sure when the other 2 will be released.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score

The drums sound perfect in the mix to me, but I am old school.