New snare build

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good morning all,

Being off work for the last 7 weeks and stuck at home with two kids under 8 has left me with "some" time to get projects finished (my wife is a nursing director so she hasn't really been home in A WHILE!). That being said, I bought a 16 ply 13x5 beech shell from North Custom Drums in the UK about 5 years ago. I never touched it because I didn't really need to or have the time for another project. A while back I received my newest INDe kit which is a jelly bean sparkle for gigging (at the time I was still gigging a couple weekend a month). INDe drums are so light it's a no brainer. Anyway; I had the tube lugs lying around so I ordered a silver sparkle wrap, hoops, INDe throw and wires and had at it. It came out better than I had thought. I hadn't done a wrap in about 20 years or so but it went on without a hitch after coating the shell and wrap in 3M 30nf then pressing it together after drying. The edges are 30* with a 45* back cut and I put hand punched leather gaskets under the lugs due to splay issues. I think once I start working again I will order some wood or die cast hoops for it to tone down the overtones but other than that I love it.

Pics!

IMG_4857.JPG

IMG_4862.JPG

IMG_4864.JPG

IMG_4865.JPG

IMG_4867.JPG

IMG_4876.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

IMG_4878.JPG