New snare day! Gretsch content inside...

hefty

DFO Master
Reaction score
I guess I was under the impression the lock was for times you needed extra security or something. But I'm sure I'll get used to operating it.

A much bigger concern for me would be that it always holds in the 'on' position while locked, which @DamnSingerAlsoDrums reports isn't always the case (but others haven't had issue with). At times I play pretty heavy rimshot backbeats. So that'd be a deal breaker for me.

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I guess I was under the impression the lock was for times you needed extra security or something. But I'm sure I'll get used to operating it.

A much bigger concern for me would be that it always holds in the 'on' position while locked, which @DamnSingerAlsoDrums reports isn't always the case (but others haven't had issue with). At times I play pretty heavy rimshot backbeats. So that'd be a deal breaker for me.
It only happened 3 or 4 times and maybe I was at fault, heard or felt some click without the lock being fully actuated. Could be... I have been known to have quite the dissipated mind at times. Or my throw might be a faulty one. ;-)

Do not let my comment cast a shadow over your appreciation of this kickass new drum...

FrankF

Reaction score
This is a beautiful drum. I’m sure it sounds fantastic. I have a question for all the Gretsch guys. I e had my eye on a new 6.5x14 black powder coated copper snare. Anyone, with any experience with this one? I love the feel and sound at thenshop but I’m looking for comments from players. Ant help would be appreciated.