New vintage drums!

Terryt

Reaction score
Dear drummers

I have acquired a used Trixon kit, from fb marketplace here in England. The kit is definitely not from the vintage era. My guess is that the kit is about 10-20 years old & according to various websites, these drums were made in the Far East using the classic name, run by one of the former owners of the Trixon company. The shells look like Birch and about 3 ply. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of these recently manufactured drum kits. Here’s some background from the current website:

Thanks in advance.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The website you sent says they make 6-ply birch. You said yours are 3 ply? Not sure what to make of that other than they made 3 ply years ago. No idea. Trixon was never a company I acclimated to. I do remember their ads decades ago of the dude who looked like Dan Akroyd playing the kit and I do know Buddy played them awhile. But hey if you like the sound, play them! in the 70's they were all about being different. Check out the anti-resonance system they used on the toms. Massive pipes going through small shells. Must have sounded like coffee cans. Also the bass drum shells were a design I never understood. I think they came up with it to hold the stuff from tipping the bass drum over.

Attachments

lamartee

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The website you sent says they make 6-ply birch. You said yours are 3 ply? Not sure what to make of that other than they made 3 ply years ago. No idea. Trixon was never a company I acclimated to. I do remember their ads decades ago of the dude who looked like Dan Akroyd playing the kit and I do know Buddy played them awhile. But hey if you like the sound, play them! in the 70's they were all about being different. Check out the anti-resonance system they used on the toms. Massive pipes going through small shells. Must have sounded like coffee cans. Also the bass drum shells were a design I never understood. I think they came up with it to hold the stuff from tipping the bass drum over.
Actually the bass drum shaped was not designed just to be different. There was a partition built-in to give you two different sounds.
1631980273498.png

1631980301156.png

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check this out .