header.nohb.html

New Vistalites! - Ludwig Vistalite 50th Anniversary

dren68

Reaction score
Does anyone else think the stripes on the red and yellow kit look a little wider?

uqf6nfcp9r9ni2itubmk.jpg

pattern-c.jpg

dsop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Why don't they offer a 15" floor tom? Makes no sense. They've got the molds, and these shells are made from sheets placed into molds, and then they have the seams bonded with another strip. They've got 15" hoops for their other lines. What's the story?

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
There's No Ludwig family member at the helm is one possibility.

I just say that because I looked thru the Execs at Ludwig recently and I ended up on a single hedge fund managers Wiki page;

I know there could be some old time (employees there) but.
No one solid directors? aware of all traditions? I dunno.
I think where some of their decisions come from is a corporate board (not a Fred Gretsch Jr., Not a Bill III at the helm) +/-
(not that Bill III would be a guaranteed savior but..

why cant they make them like they used to?

amazing they've preserved some/ a lot of/ heritage with the reintro'ed Legacies and some others..
but they do blow some details.
It's corporate afaik

Last edited:

Skinsmannn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I checked with him about it last year. It sounded like things were chugging along. He had nailed down a warehouse space and was in process of fixing the place up. Not sure of the fine details regarding shell makeup options and all that, though. If I remember correctly, it sounded like he had almost had it up and running years ago and had to start over from scratch.
Sorry to say….I’ll believe it when I see it. Been hearing this same story for at least 10 years.

dren68

Reaction score
Thicker stripes means fewer seams and presumably less opportunity for misfortune.
Yeah, I wondered if that might be the reason. It makes sense, I guess, and it's probably something most people wouldn't even notice.

lemonslush

Reaction score
I would be all over a sparkle or R/W/B striped in 12/14/20. Kinda glad there are only solid options in that config or my credit card would be smoking.
yea honestly that is one of my "oh I need it" kits. Even a RWB maple or oak with a glitter wrap. I only want to play 20's now a days and I assume its only those three sizes which is a bummer.

High on Stress

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Word of warning: don’t be tempted to buy anything based on Steve Maxwell’s demos. He could play a set of shoe boxes and make them sound musical. Conversely, I could do some videos that would save you guys a lot of money.

Gotdrums

3rd most viewed drummer online
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

dsop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I notice that all the new Vistalite toms are mounted with R.I.M.S. instead of directly to the shell. Is mounting right onto the shell risky, crack-wise? What about bass drum mounted tom holder?