New youtube channel i found.

Drm1979

Reaction score
I'm sure some of you may have seen this channel already but this guy has groove a chops for days. His YouTube channel is called Groovedrummin. Below is the 1st video I found but he has several others that are both solo and doing covers with a band. Really good stuff to listen to and take ideas from.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's Dan Zalac…
I've been a long-time subscriber. Love the sound of his kit and he's certainly capable of channeling the Bonham/Paice vibe with some great covers and soloing ideas.
He doesn't post very frequently anymore... guess he kinda' ran out of steam???

Drm1979

Reaction score
That's Dan Zalac…
I've been a long-time subscriber. Love the sound of his kit and he's certainly capable of channeling the Bonham/Paice vibe with some great covers and soloing ideas.
He doesn't post very frequently anymore... guess he kinda' ran out of steam???
I hope not. I'm needing more stuff like this. My guitarist and I haven't played in like a month and with this virus thing going on we're not sure when we'll get back together to play again. I've been practicing on my ekit and using videos like this to come up with new ideas to keep practice interesting.

greegor

Reaction score
Drm1979 Thanks for the lead! Looking for more content these days.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I hope not. I'm needing more stuff like this. ...
If you liked Dan's "G-D" you will absolutely love George's BONHAMOLOGY page on YT.
George publishes new content frequently and for us Bonham fans it probably seems like we can't get enough. He focuses on Bonham / LZ content. He does plenty of covers (even some more obscure live/bootleg recording) and breakdowns and if you're trying to learn certain parts the visuals are really helpful (so is the speed adjustment setting to slow it down a bit). He certainly has the Bonham sound down pat and really strives for accuracy. Here's a link to his main YT page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyPPcUtsiLoagS62b4qkYtg/videos

Another guy to check out is Kick It Like Bonham: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrMojoRisin1967/videos

REF

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A bass drum that doesn't sound like a cardboard box! Magnificent.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
He has a web site where he sells videos. I checked out his youtube video on how to tune a bass drum and it only offered a preview and directs you to his web site to buy the whole thing.

Latest posts